Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I recently got a 20gig iriver mp3 player and im ripping all my cd's to put on it, and i have used windows media player and another free ripper i found online. The problem is both create a gap inbetween the tracks. its only a slight pause but being most of my cds are dj sets, all the tracks need to play seemlessly together, or i get that dreded gap. I know its not the mp3 player becuase it has setting that eliminates the gap, and if i play the ripped songs thru winamp. I here the gap in between the tracks. anyone know of a good program that eliminates that. I would even be willing to convert them to a diff file format.(right now im going just plain mp3 at 192) But the player supports mpeg, ogg vorbis, wma, asf and wav. Anyone know the pros and cons to the diff file formats. Thanks guys

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
CDex and EAC (exact audio copy) are both highly rated for ripping, if you want to have it flow totally seamlessly, you should rip it into 1 continous (sp) file. Personally, I still stick with mp3's for audio because they have the best compatability.

"Bros before Hoes" <-- More men need this mentality.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Tried iTunes yet? It's free...

You can change the prefrences so it rips to MP3 instead of the AAC (which is default).

I rip my CDs at VBR of about 160k. I can't tell any difference in my car at loud volumes, so works for me.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
S
Cool Toe Chris
Cool Toe Chris
S
I too use CDex to rip to 256k MP3s. There is a way to get rid of the 2 second gap, once burning. The problem with most MP3 players (inc. iPod and iRiver) is they can't seamlesly play tracks. I too would rip to one file, oto avoid the gap.

Chris NJ 98.5 SVT Silver Frost
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
i think one track is the way to go i don't know what or how many programs offer that choice though

speaking of windows media player i just recently upgraded to wmp10 and it will rip mp3s with out a plugin witch is nice because wmp9 you had to buy that plugin

1996 zetec atx 19.3381 at 71.51 mph 1/4 mile click me for an interesting sitea wbsite you should check outjoined the 100k+ club 5/21/06
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
If I had the iRiver player, i'd install the Rockbox mod (free firmware mod) that allowes playback of FLAC Lossless files. I'd use EAC to rip all of my music to FLAC (Gapless playback as well).

Too bad i dont have the iRiver... or an iPod (also has a version of rockbox for it). I do, however use EAC to rip all of my music to .APE (Monkey's Audio Lossless) format and use Foobar2000 to play them.

Orrrr you can just use EAC to rip a cd to one file like was stated before.

~Ryan 1999 T-Red SVT Contour 41k Miles #1701 / 2760 B&M, Custom Y-Pipe, Alpine HU, Pioneer 6x8's & 6x9's
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
You should have done some research before buying your mp3 player Dub...

iriver players always have a lag between songs no matter what you do. That's why I love my Rio Karma, no lag and I can rip og vogis, FLAC and other formats.

For someone who is as picky about music as you, I would suggest returning your mp3 and buying something better. Or did you get it out of the back of a white van?

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
D
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by path914:
You should have done some research before buying your mp3 player Dub...

Listen here you little non contour owning hobbit troll.
The reaon why ipicked the h120 was because it was one of the only mp3 players that had a line input so i can record my sets directly to the player and not have to use the computer. I got it brand new for 110.00 shipped on ebay so i think i got a pretty decent deal. It supports a ton of diff. formats. and as i told you its not the player that makes the gaps its the program. when i first got the player, i did have like a whole second gap, but then i upgraded the firmware thru iriver, and now it has a setting to remove the gap. But there is still a slight pause between tracks. If i listin to the ripped songs thru winamp, real audio, wmp i hear the gap so its not the player, its the software im using to ripp. I tried another free program and its almost completly eleminates the gap there is just a tiny hesitation now. I think i need to just keep trying diff. programs.
I dont want to go with lossless format because its only 20 gigs and i want to be able to get 100+ plus cds on the thing. I was doing the reading on ogg vorbis and its seems to be a better qualitly per size relative to mp3. Although i did do a lisitning test and i couldnt here the diff. My computer and soundcard is such a peace a junk anyways.
Now my only prob. is my alpine head unit in my car doesnt have a line input so i cant use the player.(unless i get one of those radio converters which i will never use)

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Pete D:
CDex and EAC (exact audio copy) are both highly rated for ripping, if you want to have it flow totally seamlessly, you should rip it into 1 continous (sp) file. Personally, I still stick with mp3's for audio because they have the best compatability.

What he said. When ripped into individual tracks, you will ALWAYS get a gap. All the players I have tried (on the comp, so more flexibility than a MP3 player) have always had at least a brief pause between tracks.

Whn I have ripped certain songs (orchestral movements or Rush songs ), I rip the ones that flow from one piece to another as single tracks. it is the only way to fly. CDex does that easily. From what I recall, EAC does as well.

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
i use EAC to rip to wav and then winLAME to get to stupid high quality vbr mp3s. winLAME has an option for gapless encoding, which I haven't tried, but it's a free program and kicks ass, so it's definitely worth a shot if you ask me.

now officially a troll, i guess. used to have a black 96 SE, until it broke down one too many times. now I'm hunting for a motorycle.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard