Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
X
OP Offline
X
My 98 SVT is apart now while I wait for Vortech to return my super charger.The intire front cradle engine and trany are out of the car. Before the s/c broke my set up consisted of stock motor custom exhaust from the base of the headers back, Vortech s/c, Compu car 50 shot of Nitrous. Now that the car is going to be down for a wile I would like to go a lot further. This is what I'm thinking of doing. I,ve already ordered a centerforce clutch, I would like to find a set of headers that will clear the S/C shaft, I will have the intake and heads ported and polished by pills (Very well known shop in Florida), I am ordering the 3.0 from Sho shop. I plan on replacing the factory pistons with J.E pistons, I would like to find a company that I can purchace a set of rods from, if anyone has any ideas let me know. I'm sure ther are a lot of things I have left out. I guess what I'm wanting to know is if anyone else out there has gone this fare. If so, what problems have you had and what kind of power were you able to achive. Thank in advance.

T
T
talk to buckshot77, he had his rods custom made though, no aftermarket parts for our cars I don't think.

1999 Silver Frost SVT
#609 of 2760
Born on 12/3/98

KKM Intake
Removed Resonator
35% Window Tint all around
Tinted Tail Lights
ElKy Mesh Grilles
HID

Dyno'ed at 175.3HP/155.5TQ

"How much must I live through just to get away..."
F
F
Both the SHM headers and MSDS (vortech spec) headers clear the blower driveshaft. I would install a quaife while you are installing the clutch. maybe a lightened flywheel while you are at it.

Good luck with the project.

Speed kills, but it beats going slow!

Simon Langley
Black 98 SVT EO (#2119 of 6535)
269.3 FWHP, 195.4 TQ
14.123 @ 97.36
All go, and no show!
Vortech, Quaife, Driveshaft Shop Stage II axles, Magnecore Wires, Custom True Dual Exhaust.
CDW-27 1/4 Mile Registry
B
B
FYI, custom rods = $1000+ Check the iowa forum if you want to see a list of most of my mods. Eventually I'll post the whole thing but not till I've got it all running right because that is causing the list to change!

The first Blown 3 Liter!
"Drive it till the wheels fall off" -my personal motto!!!!
98.5 T-Red SVT #6180
Many Mods
Buckshot77@aol.com
Owner of 00 #1611 Silver
Totalled on 10/7/01
SVT Parts for Sale
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by fst4dr:
Both the SHM headers and MSDS (vortech spec) headers clear the blower driveshaft. I would install a quaife while you are installing the clutch. maybe a lightened flywheel while you are at it.

Good luck with the project.
True, but the vortec spec headers don't clear the SVT oil cooler or larger radiator...just gut your precats. Also, I'd talk to terry haines about his Bulldog box (tranny).

2000 Silver SVT #1602
Check it out in the registry!
Mi Coche
A
A
The stock HP seems to break things well enough... :rolleyes:

99 Silver Frost SVT (1456/2760)
Ray McNairy's TH Fix
Bullitt Mustang fuel hatch
Bill Jenkins' "off color" floor mats
K&N
C
C
Contact me at jeremy@duratecperformance.com

I may be able to help ya out. We at Duratec Performance are in the process of lining up a company for Custom pistons and rods to be made for the duratec. The rods will be made of 4340 Chromoly, and obviously the pistons will be forged aluminum. I am getting a set of 11.5:1 compression pistons made for my NA engine project. I Can probably get my hands on Pistons and Rods for you, for a really good price...

We are approximating each set of pistons and rods together will sell for around $1700. Separate I don't know what. We are just lining up companies who give us the best price. Rod pricing currently as we would sell them is between $130-$200 per rod. And pistons between $100-$200 each. Again, together all 12 pieces should be selling in the $1700 range.

Feel free to Email me, and I'll see what I can find for ya.

Jeremy
Co-Owner Duratec Performance
www.duratecperformance.com

1995 Probe GT ATX TOO MANY MODS
1999 Cougar V6 MTX
Stage 1: (Basic Mods)B&M STS, Bassani Exhaust, KKM intake w/ weapon R pipe, ProFlow 75mm MAF w/optimiser, YoDude Y-pipe w/hi flow cat, SVT TB, SVT Upper IM, OMP FSTB,AF gauge, Aerogear fiberglass hood (completed)
Stage 2: (Top End Work) 19-24lb injectors, P&P heads w larger valves and HPC coated, P&P and port matched lower intake manifold also HPC coated, custom ground cams, Ford Racing 9mm wires, Bosch +4 plugs, Custom burned PAC or Diablo chip (will dyno with both), Apexi SAFC (In Progress)
Stage 3: (Transmission) Quaife LSD, CM stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza flywheel (In progress)
Stage 4: (Suspension)Koni adjustibles, H&R springs, Progress 21mm rear anti sway bar (Installing on Tues)
Current dyno: 172.9 whp with just bolt ons and stock exhaust manifolds (not gutted), oh, and bad wires smile...
B
B
Quote:
Originally posted by Art Hazebrook:
The stock HP seems to break things well enough... :rolleyes:
Lol, true dat. Check out the Nor Cal forums for all my troubles!

James

SVT with CE light mod and a camera mount.
Naughty Pictures
Why yes it is true, I am on my third engine.

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard