Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
Most likey a easy fix but I can't figure out what fuse works the lights on the license plate...Since both are out I am guessing its a fuse..but if not any other ideas ..maybe lose wire? No others issues with lights that I know of. thanks for any help ( 1998 LX )

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Looking at the wiring diagrams, they are running off fuse #31 in the passenger compartment fusebox, which is the same fuse for the dash illumination. If your dash lights are working the fuse should be ok.

Have you checked the bulbs?

Tom 98 LX (Zetec/ATX)
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
The socket may have corroded, I had a wire break off and I had to solder it on, after polishing up the metal and wire. Hopefully, you just need new bulbs.

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
when i bought my car they were both out and i had trouble finding replacement bulbs. best one store could do was give me 1 bulb. eventually my shop ordered and installed them for me whilei was having my oil change and they are fine. i would buy the bulbs and try to replace them first. you will probably have to replace them anyways, even if it is the fuse

'98.5 Black Ford Contour SE Sport 5-speed. All the SE Sport features with all the 98features that were supposed to be decontented for 98.5 '04 Silver Toyota RAV4 L Auto. Fully loaded.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard