Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Originally posted by Klasse Act:
BTW, have they (Ford) taken care of that problem with the rearends of the Ford GT

What would that be? That all Vette owners see is the rear end???

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Both cars are great and have equal perf numbers for the most part, but if you wanna "WOW" people, get the Ford GT. I'm a Chevy guy and in particular, a Corvette guy, so I'm VERY biased here. BTW, have they (Ford) taken care of that problem with the rearends of the Ford GT

The GT still has a few problems with the rear end leaking. The Z06 also has rear-end problems and many people have blown the differential up. I work at a Corvette shop and we get a lot of the inside news on the C6 such as about 500 of the Z06's being sent to ROUSH of all places to have differentials replaced before they got to dealerships.

Hydramatic, I've seen some very, very quick 'Vettes while I've been working at MTI Racing. There are some sick setups coming out of other shops such as a 408ci iron block+T88 turbo combo, twin-turbo 427ci cars, and the new Kenne Bell 2.6L 402ci setups. However, you'd be hard pressed to find a Corvette owner who wouldn't have this thing in his garage next or replacing his/her 'Vette.

Justin 1999 Ford SVT Contour (T-Red) Cardomain site
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by 4CamWonder:
Both cars are great and have equal perf numbers for the most part, but if you wanna "WOW" people, get the Ford GT. I'm a Chevy guy and in particular, a Corvette guy, so I'm VERY biased here. BTW, have they (Ford) taken care of that problem with the rearends of the Ford GT

The GT still has a few problems with the rear end leaking. The Z06 also has rear-end problems and many people have blown the differential up. I work at a Corvette shop and we get a lot of the inside news on the C6 such as about 500 of the Z06's being sent to ROUSH of all places to have differentials replaced before they got to dealerships.

Hydramatic, I've seen some very, very quick 'Vettes while I've been working at MTI Racing. There are some sick setups coming out of other shops such as a 408ci iron block+T88 turbo combo, twin-turbo 427ci cars, and the new Kenne Bell 2.6L 402ci setups. However, you'd be hard pressed to find a Corvette owner who wouldn't have this thing in his garage next or replacing his/her 'Vette.

True. Like I've reiterated way too many times, I think the GT is a VERY NICE CAR. You know the rest. I'm sure my opinion might change if I got to drive one and saw them everyday, Kinda like it did with the Viper.

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
found a video of one

click for video

95 s.e. 2.5l mtx ,koni yellows, h&r springs,kkm intake, ddm,custom catback exhaust, spec stage 3 , fidanza flywheel, all 98 svt midnight blue interior. , and much more....
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
yeah that twin turbo gt is the [censored] the guy lives over by my house ... i saw him race it the other night ... that thing this baddddd to the max .... super nice car...

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard