Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
Whats up fellow car nuts. I have a 99 contour se v6 with 5sp. and for some reason my whole front end shakes when I give it gas. It stops when I let off the gas. It doesnt matter what gear or what speed at which i'm driving. It also seems to get worse as time goes on. It finally got to the point where I cant drive it. Please HELP!!!!!!

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
is it ONLY when you press the gas pedal???? it could possibly be your cv shaft/joints. when mine went out it was so bad i couldn't go above 35mph. how many miles does your car have???

*~Bonnie~* 2000 CSVT, Amazon Green, built 2/?/00 135K and counting!!!!
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
CSVT, because like an orphan, someone has to take care of them.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I would need to road test it for a better answer, but I would guess that you have an engine missfire, possibly from a bad plug wire.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
It has 75k on it. I was just down working on it and I noticed the front trans mount looked very bad, so im going to try to replace that and see what happens. Also the plugs and wires are about 1 year old. Thanks for all the help guys !!!!!!

New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
Just got back from my mechanics shop. He says it feels like an axle is binding. That means it might be a motor mount or trans mount. I just cant tell which one.

New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
How can you tell which mount is bad? Which one should I replace first if I cant find out which one is bad? Where should I get these parts from?

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
well...you said the front trans mount was bad...so i'd start with that. i know mine is broken on one side but it doesn't shake at all. but i don't know how you drive your car, so it's hard to say. i don't beat on mine only b/c i know my front tranny mount is missing the left half of where the nut goes in. napa auto parts is usually really good with carrying what we need. let us know what you find out, either way!

*~Bonnie~* 2000 CSVT, Amazon Green, built 2/?/00 135K and counting!!!!
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
CSVT, because like an orphan, someone has to take care of them.

P
P
Wheel bearings? same thing happened to me have a mechanic look at it. (expensive as hell to have it done)

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard