Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
The car won't start easily when it is cold outside. It doesn't have to be freezing just cold, especially in the mornings. You have to crank it a few seconds at a time for 5 to 7 times before it starts and then you have to keep the foot on the gas until the idle stabilizes on it's own. The car runs great otherwise. I know it's nothing major but I just can't figure out what's causing it. I would assume it's some sensor. Has anyone had similar problem, any advice? Thanks for any suggestions.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I was going to suggest a weak battery but it sounds like there is more to it.

New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
Battery is good, it is actually a stronger than needed battery and has plenty of juice in it.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by 1995contourv6:
The car won't start easily when it is cold outside. It doesn't have to be freezing just cold, especially in the mornings.

• Secondaries not closed
  • Small vacuum leak
  • Dirty injectors

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Clean, or more likely, replace the IAC. Sounds like it's sticky.

Try cracking the throttle while starting. If it starts reliably like this, the IAC is at fault.

Steve

98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX The wifey's car 89 Taurus SHO - 246K miles 94 SHO ATX - 190K 1997 F-150 5.4L ATX - The Workhorse 150K. ANY THREAD WITH "OMG" or "WTF" ETC IN THE TITLE WILL BE IGNORED!

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard