Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Who the heck decided to put the oil filter there? I changed my oil today, and that sucker was hard to take out. I had to pierce the filter with a crowbar, and then twist it loose.

Why there? I'm telling you guys, the person who designed that feature on the Duratec was

Is my car for sale? PM me if you're in South FL.
Originally posted by XKontour98:
Haha that's awesome! Go GM!

YES, SIR!!! General Aviation is Looking good right now...http://www.beapilot.com
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
i hate it to.....

G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Suck it upppp.

Working at an automotive joint for a while, I saw some WAYYY worse placed oil filters...

Endured the burn marks on my arm from the exhaust manifolds...the cuts from the knuckles scraping...seen it all.

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
It is not nearly as bad as you're making it out to be, IMO the only bad thing is when oil gets all over the manifold and y-pipe.

Kip 98 CSVT Black/Midnight Blue
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by kipsvt98:
It is not nearly as bad as you're making it out to be, IMO the only bad thing is when oil gets all over the manifold and y-pipe.

i agree.

G/f's black 99se sport 5 speed 2 1/2 test pipe-custom cat back 3 single tip cai with kn3530 safc optimized tb 8mm plug wires spec stage 1 clutch svt front bumper
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Me too. Talk about stinky for a couple days afterward. My dad always gives me dirty looks when changing my oil cause of where its at.

Alicia 96 Contour LX 2.5L V6 Duratec Stock of course! BAD ASS GIRLS DRIVE BAD ASS CARS!!! http://www.cardomain.com/id/sweet_ride01
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
worst car I have ever changed a filter in was a regal. Only one way to get at the filter and you have to think as to how it is going to get out as well...turning and twisting the thing around other things. Easiest car, by far, my g.f.'s 96 impreza. Don't even need the thing on ramps. Just reach up under it with a ratchting wrench for the bolt and unscrew the filter.

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Thats why you cover/wrap some aluminum foil around the y-pipe before you remove the filter! Tear away when finished, y-pipe all clean at the end of the day.

I agree though, some oil filters are MUCH worse. The duratecs isnt great, but in all reality its not that bad.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
the tinfoil trick works great.

some older Saabs have the oil filter up on the drivers side of the motor almost at the top and they are open end down.
so no matter what you do, you dump a bunch of oil down the side of the block.

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by elraido:
worst car I have ever changed a filter in was a regal. Only one way to get at the filter and you have to think as to how it is going to get out as well...turning and twisting the thing around other things. Easiest car, by far, my g.f.'s 96 impreza. Don't even need the thing on ramps. Just reach up under it with a ratchting wrench for the bolt and unscrew the filter.

I can screw the one off of my Shadow without getting under it, if you're careful you can reach down in front of the block and spin it off
Makes it really easy

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard