Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1548377 04/12/06 05:05 PM
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
I was leafing through the catalog from one of my suppliers when lo-and-behold there are 2-3 pages of different meshes! I thought about offering these for sale myself, but figured it would just be easier to give you the link to their website. Here's a sampling:

They also have expanded metal mesh (similar to gutter guard) and various plastic meshes in black, brown, white, chrome, brass, and copper. So far I've only found the woven metal grills on the website, the expanded metal and plastics might just be in the printed catalog.

Be forewarned: The woven metal grill material is not cheap! Prices seem to run from $80-310 per sheet of this stuff, depending on the mesh, with sheets being 3' x 4'.

That being said, here's the link:

Outwater Plastics

Scroll all the way down to the bottom and you will see the link for "woven wire grills". If anyone decides to try this out, for gods sake PLEASE POST YOUR AFTER PICS FOR US!!

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Yup, there are many places to purchase mesh. It comes in very large sheet though.

K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Man, that chicken cage wire would look on our contours.

Not really, most of the "grills" are too expensive for my budget.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
H
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
H
I like that. A little pricey tho I will stay tot the gutter guard ($1.49 a sheet). The only thing I dont like about that is the weld spots. But I suppose you could sand/paint it. Thats a little to much work. I am lazy and a poor bastard. So it all snowballs thanks for the link tho. My dad is looking for something like that for his GMC 2500.

Price of body kit so far...$3 Price of wing...$20 Feeling that everyone is staring at your contour...PRICELESS
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
no thank you im happy with my Stazi mesh which I just put in last night..oh and it looks hawt

I
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Like I said, there are some plastice meshes, but you'd need to request a printed catalog for them. They're quite attractive, come in colors, and are much MUCH cheaper than the metal mesh I linked to. Just wanted to give some options.

I kind of like the double-wire mesh I used for the third example. I think it would look pretty good.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
F
F
Where does one get the "Stazi" mesh? Is it the SVT style mesh? Because those metal meshes are totally outrageous on price it's $200+ for not a whole lot

--=fA [ www.4g64.com ]
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by fugitiveALiEN:
Where does one get the "Stazi" mesh? Is it the SVT style mesh? Because those metal meshes are totally outrageous on price it's $200+ for not a whole lot

check the Group Buy section and from time to time, CEG faithfull's like Stazi and Elky will sell their respective mesh's

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
If anyone decides to try this out, for gods sake PLEASE POST YOUR AFTER PICS FOR US!!

You can see pics in my sig of the woven mesh, go through the pages, i have a few.

www.mcmaster.com has more reasonable prices ... i was looking at buying some more, but the issues is that in order to make it look like diamonds (the squares rotated at 45 degrees) you need the pieces cut at a 45 degree bias....mcmaster wont do it...which is understandable...so instead you have to buy a larger section and cut a piece at the bias yourself...that pushes the price up a lot....not really good for a GB, but on an individual basis, if you've got the money and want a distinctive look, its worth it imo...

The wire diameter on the stuff i have is 1/16" and mesh spacing is ~1/4"....if i was going to get some more, i'd go for a larger mesh spacing....you can also check out some jags and cadillac's to see what they're mesh specs are and how you like the look of them...

Some of the mondeo guys have this type of mesh as well...

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Dude, this actually might look good...

Or this...

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard