Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
L
I am pulling cams from a Duratec from a Contour.

This retaining peice is cast into the head. So the only way to pull out this one cam only is to get a pully puller for the water pump pully. I am only having a problem with the one cam with the pully only.

This is the front intake cam.

In fact I already had got one out.

92 White SHO 05 Silver Winner TCCA COTM SHOCal Cardomain
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
So just removing the whole WP impellar assembly instead of trying to pull off just the pulley isnt an option? Its pretty damn easy!

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
L
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
L
There is no WP impeller in the way. Just a cast peice on the head.

If any one has pictures I can point it out.

L
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
L
I looked at some pictures and this may be a different version or something. I couldnt see how to take it off. I will have to go back I guess. Maybe with a puller in hand. It look liked it was cast in and 2 other pepe couldnt see how to take it out.

W
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
W
No it's not. Look through the pulley on the driver's side and you'll see the two bolts holding it onto the head. I believe that they're 10mm bolt heads. Don't fuxor up your head by listening to friends that are as blind as Stevie Wonder. You don't have the only Contour in the heads where they cast in the exhaust cam.

Whirling dervish of FFOG.
L
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
L
I will have to check it out then. It didnt help that the motor was half way on the ground.

Maybe thats why I didnt see it.

Sorry it was just very confusing and didnt have much time.

Thanks.

BTW this is a junkyard car so if the heads get screwed it deosnt matter.

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by Yummy Mummy:
Umm that piece is held in by 2 bolts. You DO NOT need to remove the pulley to remove the cams. You sure you're capable of working on cars.

And once again my 2nd post explained everything. Sounds like someone is working w/o a manual. Great recipe for disaster and damage.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
L
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
L
I will have to go back and see.

This is a junkyard car so it doesnt matter to me.

K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Well my thought was the WP impellar pulley is attached to the WP impellar, so just removing that whole things would get the pulley out of the way.

Whatev!

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by weargle:
No it's not. Look through the pulley on the driver's side and you'll see the two bolts holding it onto the head. I believe that they're 10mm bolt heads. Don't fuxor up your head by listening to friends that are as blind as Stevie Wonder. You don't have the only Contour in the heads where they cast in the exhaust cam.

agreed!

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard