Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
yesterday i got my dad a new battery for his car and i left it for him to install it because i got home late with it..... this morning he wakes me up saying that he installed it wrong.... besides the fact that he is an idiot, whe most likely blew the fusible link... the question is, where is it located. no matter where i look, i cant find it.. the positive wire is connected to the starter solenoid and the other one runs to the drivers side of the car into the car. i followed the wires but i cant find the fusible link. its a 92 e150 4.9L. what could of happened to the car? where is the fusible link located?? what do i do?? i need help ASAP

Mods- SVT Kit, SVT Dual Exhaust, SVT Struts & Eibach's, H.I.D's, CTA Intake, Hightowered headlamps. My 'Tour Car Club- www.HiProfileCc.com
D
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
There should be several larger looking wires that have a vinyl/plastic looking wrap over them, up near the battery cable. The fusible link can open without much more than a barely swollen looking section on the vinyl/plastic surface. Here's a link to a great forum for Ford trucks. Go to the main forum and scroll down to the "1968 to Present Full Size Van" or use the appropriate F150/250/350 section and ask the same question there. There is also an Electrical/Wiring forum further down for more specific information. Good luck!www.ford-trucks.com

Last edited by DentonFender; 04/09/06 03:36 PM.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard