Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
I was in one for about 4.5 years. Learned a hell of a lot. Took that with me to use in other relationships. You went to school it sounds and it's time to move on.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
i say hit the tty bar and fall in love with a stripper...

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

B
Big_B Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by stv4svt:
i say hit the tty bar and fall in love with a stripper...

I'd feel like the biggest loser, lol.

Black 2000 SVT Contour w/ Prairie Tan MSDS Headers | Magnaflow | Mirko Splitter | Fidanza Short Throw Shifter | Kenwood KVT-815 LCD/DVD
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
did she know that you intended on marrying her?

Just be upfront and honest about your feelings.
Everyone always says communication is key in a relationship, and that's definitely true.
So communicate.

Sometimes it's right to just move on and learn from the experience.
Some people invest years into a relationship, and it could very well be the wrong relationship, but because of the years invested, some people feel like they need to hang on and keep it going.
Finding out whether it was really meant to be or not is the difficult part.

I don't envy that situation, that's for sure.
Been there, done that, glad I learned and moved on.

Good luck to ya.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
B
Big_B Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Yes, we weren't engaged or anything though. She's a junior in college and I always thought it would be better to wait until after that was over.

My problem is I need to communicate and then leave it at that, rather than comminicate, then communicate some more, and some more, etc. I guess I'm thinking that I need to stay involved to ensure that nothing regrettable happens while I probably need to cool off and just try my hardest not to worry about it.

Black 2000 SVT Contour w/ Prairie Tan MSDS Headers | Magnaflow | Mirko Splitter | Fidanza Short Throw Shifter | Kenwood KVT-815 LCD/DVD
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Start listening to Tom Leykis on the radio.

Black 1998.5 3L Oval Port Full HMS Transmission Lots of other stuff Ressurected 06/14/06
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
You need to think of your relationship in economics terms. The time you spent with her is a sunk cost, and shouldnt be considered in the equation of if you should be with her.

Its obvious that shes over you, and moved on to this new dude. You need to do the same (only with a chick.... I hope).

You say shes leading him on, how do you know shes not leading YOU on by telling you that...

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
B
Big_B Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by muntus:

Googling that one...

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Advice?

Leave her. She's already left you. She wouldn't "lead him on" and admit to it. Unless she's not that smart. If she IS leading him on, why wouldn't she do it to you? How do you know she isn't?

And, likely she was sleeping with this guy within two weeks of you splitting up. That's the reality. He was a rebound for her, and he was playing up the nice guy angle, and she fell for it.

More advice?

Don't ask for love advice on a car forum.

1998 SVT Contour Silver Frost for sale in Classifieds.
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by Big_B:
Originally posted by muntus:

Googling that one...

The Rules of Professor Leykis:

NEVER, EVER date a single mother. You already know her stance on abortion, she wont have one. Don't risk paying vaginamoney! PLUS, her kids will always come before you! Why would you want to be second place to some spoiled little brat!?!

Never do what you don't want to do. You make the money, you decide where you are going and what you are doing.

Don't ask a women what she wants to do.

Never tell a women how much money you make.

Don't EVER date co-workers! Unless you don't give a rats ass about your job, stay away from people you work with! It's always asking for trouble.

Never answer the phone, or go out on the weekend. Even if you really don't, you have to make it appear as though you have better things to do than be with her on the weekends.

Never spend more than 40 bucks on a date. This includes buying gifts, flowers, candy, jewelry, etc. It does NOT help in getting laid. It's a waste of money. If anything, buy alcohol and get her drunk.

NEVER approach a woman in a club who has her girlfriends with her. There is NO point, you will NOT get laid when women are in groups.

If you are not getting laid by the 3rd date, dump her and move on.

No spooning, no cuddling, no staying over. Get in, get out!

Never be in a committed relationship UNTIL you are really ready to settle down.

NEVER answer the phone on the weekends. It makes you look like you have nothing better to do. Weekends should be reserved for hanging out with your buddies or for guaranteed sex. Even if you really have nothing to do, let the answering machine take the call. You're busy.

Don't speak to women you work with unless it's related directly to work. Don't date them. Don't tell them they look nice. Don't comment on anything except whatever work needs you have, because you're a walking lawsuit waiting to happen

For additional reading I support this website and all that it stands for:
http://nomarriage.com/

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard