Next Thread
Print Thread
#1540349 04/02/06 09:52 PM
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
My car has been running poor for the last three months. So I took my 95 Zetec in to a Napa Auto Pro to get it done. After, a week it seemed to run rough again.
I've been doing all sorts of trouble shooting myself to figure out the problem. All checks out.
Checked the timing last night with the valve cover off. The intake cam is advanced about 2 cogs. The cams don't line up at all at TDC. Also has too much slack between the sprockets when I checked the belt itself.
I think I'm going to kill this guy! They have cost me so much time and effort.
I feel they should redo it again at no cost. But I'm worried about taking it there.
Just a heads up. They might be Pro's but still are amatures.

95 Contour GL. Bought new. BAT Sway Bars/Pioneer CD/Koni Rear Struts/Mobil Fluids. Looking for 15" alloy rims-PM me. 180,500km's so far.
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Definetly make them re-do. It's not a hard job for DIY'r but it's the point that they're the ones working on your car. Not you!

I'm surprised your car idles two teeth off. My car wouldn't idle in gear when it was 2 teeth off.

96' ATX Zetec- stock 96' ATX Zetec- Modded Kenwood KDC-319 5.75"-2 MTX 12's Roady XT Custom door panels Mystique Cluster/oil pressure Getting repainted(in primer) Pre98 Lip SE skirts Mystique front lip dingless badgeless
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
It looks like two cogs adavanced. It might be only one?
I ordered the tools last night to do the job right. The crank pin and the guage for the cams. For $30 I can't go wrong. Those "Donkeys" have touched my Tour for the last time.

95 Contour GL. Bought new. BAT Sway Bars/Pioneer CD/Koni Rear Struts/Mobil Fluids. Looking for 15" alloy rims-PM me. 180,500km's so far.
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by SquareHead:
Those "Donkeys" have touched my Tour for the last time.

WOOT! Way to convert to DIY!

2000 Mystique LS Duratec 2.5L MTX
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
To be honest, I always have been DIY.
We've been doing some house reno and I'm just so short on time these days. I'm going to make time now, that's for sure.
I can't stand being screwed over!

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Do you have a Ford manual or Service CD? If not, try www.alldatadiy.com. The procedure is tricky, read carefully. The tension does seem slack, you might need new tensioner wheels. If I remember right, there might be a tensioner spring on the timing belt.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard