Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by b0mbrman:

It's expensive?

Where can you get 300 factory HP for less money?

I can't speak for ZZD but I would imagine he was reffering to the fact that it is expensive for what you get as an overall package.

I mean even if Hyundai took an accent and gave it 400hp it would still be pretty crappy, it would just be crappy and fast.

"Bros before Hoes" <-- More men need this mentality.
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Klasse Act:
Your point is taken about the focus on higher dollar products, thanks for serving our country

...now that I've handled that, we're talking about perf cars here, vehicles that we'd actually own. I don't want/need a pickup truck, but it seems that DCX offers those as well as high perf, entry model cars, thats all I was sayin' Again, thanks for serving our country!

BTW, don't look now, but it appears that the MS3 has the same TWO HUNDERED AND EIGHTY FOOT POUNDS OF TORQUE that the MS6 has and is 20 ft/lbs more than the Caliber SRT-4. It looks like the hot-hatch battle is on and again I ask, where is Ford and GM

No problem about the serving; I'm having fun doing it

Now, don't get me wrong. I love exciting cars. I've owned the roadster, the sport compact, the SVT.

Still, I think mine is the most sensible answer.

Toyota made the most profits out of any car company in the world last year. Now quick, without using Google, how many exciting cars does Toyota make?

Give up? The answer is negative two.

With GM so deep in the red, they can't afford to give to the charity that is our boy racer fantasies...

Originally posted by Pete D:
Originally posted by b0mbrman:

It's expensive?

Where can you get 300 factory HP for less money?

I can't speak for ZZD but I would imagine he was reffering to the fact that it is expensive for what you get as an overall package.

I mean even if Hyundai took an accent and gave it 400hp it would still be pretty crappy, it would just be crappy and fast.

Meh...if you want an all-around winner in all the appliance categories, there's always the Civic/Corolla.

I doubt people who are cross-shopping 300HP compacts aren't interested in practicality.

K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
FWIW, the MS3 is coming to party with 247 hp/280 ft/lbs of torque this fall to compete with the Calibers 300/260, should be a good one I thought it was funny that the MS6 has 274/280, then they de-tune the motor a little, switch the hp numbers around on us (274 vs. 247) but keep the torque at 280 ft/lbs, how can this be Its said that the MS3 is going to cost about $25K, so its a little higher than the Caliber SRT-4, but I bet if you compare them with the same options or close enough anyway, its going to be close.

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Pete, you spoke for me correctly in this case. There is a whole lot more to a car than just the horsepower output of its engine, and the Caliber doesn't do a good enough job at enough of it.

Sure it's fast, but you know what they call fast feces... diarrhea.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Quote:

Now you've done it James, this entire post has gone into the crapper

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
I actually saw a silver Caliber R/T today heading down I-94 and it actually slopes down towards the back, you gotta see it from a distance away. I've only done a 360 on one other car, well, a truck and it was the then new 94' Ram. I thought it looked like a big rig, but then it grew on me, especially since my then boss started modding it out. I now feel the same about the Calibers, crazy

S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Klasse Act:
Quote:

Now you've done it James, this entire post has gone into the crapper

oh sh*t!

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Launching the Caliber SRT-4 may cause you to "crap your pants"

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard