Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Then you can't forget the part of the movie when his hood flies up and hits the windshield. some of you have seen this but I figured I'd put the pics up too. Well, yesterday that happened to me. Yea. I was going down I-29 and as i was accelerating BANG!!! and the windshield is green and cracked everywhere. I'm one that always holds my composure so while my friend is about panicking I don't really say anything besides woah! and pull off the road (no, I didn't swerve all over the road, its not that hard to see to pull off the interstate) and I'm pretty sure she's gonna be totaled. The hood is mangled, windshield dosn't have a 2 square inch spot without a crack in it and divine internevtion is the only way it didn't shatter and shower us with glass, the roof is dented from the hood hitting it so hard, and the sunroof is really messed up, like off the track and stuck up and the track might even be broken, and the interior headliner and all is not good either (it broke the interior lights and sunroof cover thingy that has teh plastic on it). Yep, definitly not the best day. You idiot, you didn't close the hood all the way. Well, actualy I'm pretty sure I did. And even if I didn't the latch still failed because the second latch that you have to hit up to open the hood didn't engage and stop it like it has a few times before. So looks like I don't have to worry about it being slow anymore, its more a laughing stock now (more than it was before). I'll post some pics of it tomrrow when I can take them to show you guys how bad it is. The thing is i was only going 50-60, no faster. But oh well, can't do nothin bout it now. Comprehensive insurance will cover it and i should get some money for the car because it is most likley totalled, since its a 11 year old compact domestic car, its worth basically nothing. But I guess I can get a SVT Contour now or a 96 Mustang Cobra is what I really want but its not exactly a pratical daily driver for a college kid, not to mention insurance on that thing. So I will be looking for a stock or slightly modded SVT, classifieds have a few but let me know if you know of one that really sticks out. I'll keep you guys posted.

Note the dent and crease in the roof from the hood folding over the windshield cause it hit so hard-

From the inside looking out-

What it looked like after we pulled over, except the hood was flush with the windshield-

Better shot of the roof-

General shot-

Inside-note the light and sunroof cover thing taht got broken and knocked down from the hood hitting so hard-

Windshield from the outside-

The pics make it not look that bad, but trust me-it is. Soooo thats my day in a nutshell.

95 LX-with a mind of its own 24v DOHC SVT exhaust and K&N=all thats worth modding Go Fighting Sioux!!!
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
woah.. glad to hear no one got hurt. good luck with everything.

98 contour svt #6473 of 6535
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
damn thats unlucky, you really think they will total it? it doesn't look like a whole lot of damage.

99 contour se debadged "knauberized" fog light mod 17" Enkei CDR9 225/45/17 Contiextremecontacts Alpine CDA-9807 and 2 12" Kicker Comp C12 subwoofers http://members.cardomain.com/ridered81
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Damn that sucks! At least you have a valid excuse now to get an SVT!

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Ouch! If they total it, buy it back and strip the hell outta it.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by posthuman63t:
Ouch! If they total it, buy it back and strip the hell outta it.

Actually, its gonna be a rally car And I'm pretty sure its gonna be totalled because you have to take the headliner out to get to the roof dent, and tis a big crease, and the sunroof is REALLY screwed up, and my car is worth basically nothing. But I already started stripping the expensive stuff out of it like the system and other things that could be easily stolen since a damaged car is just inviting people to come and steal stuff from it.

95 LX-with a mind of its own 24v DOHC SVT exhaust and K&N=all thats worth modding Go Fighting Sioux!!!
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Teenage Contour:

And I'm pretty sure its gonna be totalled because you have to take the headliner out to get to the roof dent

shiiiiit... i got a dent in the rear of my roof right by the rear window from a branch that fell in my driveway (trail of dents down the trunk too) im scared to get an estimate now, even more than before.

- 98 SVT #5999 -. -CDA-7894 w/ ipod interface -Knauberized, Trubendz 2.5/highflow cat
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Sorry to hear about your car. Tommy Boy was funny, but that sucks in real life. Glad you were no hurt. Got a heavily modded SVT, check the for sale section. -B.

1998 SVT With a few mod's RACECAR IS RACECAR BACKWORDS ! #970 of 2395 Black/blue *****FOR SALE*****
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
that happen to me too, luckly i didnt dent my roof, I smashed my window hardcore though.. bent my hinges and broke the plastic cowl.

Sorry that happen. Hope you get it all fixed.

i highly doubt they'd total it for that, nothing some bondo can't fix (and thats what they'd do.)

96' ATX Zetec- stock 96' ATX Zetec- Modded Kenwood KDC-319 5.75"-2 MTX 12's Roady XT Custom door panels Mystique Cluster/oil pressure Getting repainted(in primer) Pre98 Lip SE skirts Mystique front lip dingless badgeless
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
that happened to my brother once in his pro street '86 mustang. had a huge cowl hood and guages on the cowl. when the hood flew up, it cut all the lines going to the guages. that was an interesting experience!

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard