Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Check the crankshaft and camshaft position sensors. Put some oil around the top of the piston rings, so they will be lubed and give you better compression, and follow the timing procedure and head gasket torque for your year engine from Ford Manuals. I hope it runs this time. Also begin with a fully charged battery.

P
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
P
Are you sure your getting spark? (i.e.did the screw driver test.) Also, double, even triple check that the cams are in the correct position. Is the magnet for the cam sensor still there? Are the spark plug wires hooked up correctly?

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Hmm, could be bad plugs - that caused my Zetec not to start when I owned it. Also if any sensors arn't picking up correctly - it may pull a CEL. Might wanna try and pull codes off the PCM after attempting to crank.

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
F
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
F
I'm positive it was in time. Cam and crank time were checked and double checked. We also put oil down the spark plug holes in the head to increase compression. Spark plugs are new, along with wires.

Would a malfunctioning cam or crank sensor keep it from starting?

J
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
J
Either one of those malfunctioning could absolutely stop the engine from firing.

F
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
F
Ok, another question. Should this motor fire on 100-110 psi of compression??

J
J
When you crank it over does the CEL light turn off? If it doesnt you probably have a bad crank/cam sensor and mine did fire with the same compression after the head gasket was replaced.

F
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
F
BTT

F
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
F
Nothing about the compression???

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
James10 said his fired at the same compression. That is enough to run the engine.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard