B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Yup!
Thats the one!
Looking forward to it.
E

95 LX/SE V6 5 Speed NUN 1 http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/588083 "The Contour SE is the best American car I have ever driven and one of the best cars period." Larry Griffin - C&D
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Cool.
I look forward to meeting you guys.
Obviously, I made the right choice of mechanic! Oh, and BTW, there's quite a bit to do on my car, and I booked mine in first, so I call dibs!!
See you (all) on Saturday!
Tim

L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by SVTCANUK:
Don't forget an alignment once all that suspension work is done.

Total Suspension does all that stuff at their shop.

1998 BLK SVT CONTOUR #2980 of 6535 395,000(ish) km (and counting) SVTOA-TORONTO Chapter Director www.svtoa-toronto.ca
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Well I went to Total Suspension today, I got my (new) rear control arms installed.. it all went smothly and they were extremely friendly! they answered all my questions and were very professional.. Huge Shop ! they can fit like 20 cars at a time!

If anybody needs suspension work and is near the 401 & Kennedy area , I highly recommend this place!

cheers
Martin

98 Contour V6 MTX CTA Exhaust/CTA Intake/MSDS Y-pipe/Bat Handling Kit/Predator Alarm/Spec1 Clutch Kit/SVT Flywheel/G Assurances Fix your car yourself "It's not a UFO." Todras
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by timstour:

Seriously, I've been thinking about whether to do the work/have it done. Here's the list:
New lower control arms (bushings)-both sides (160 used, 352 labour)
New Right outer tie rod end (38 parts, 45 labour)
New springs/struts/upper mounts both sides (491 new, 180 labour)

'New' doesnt have to be new, but the cost of used v life of new for the springs is probably a no brainer.
The quote broke down into 690 for parts (used Control arms) and 650 labour, ie about 40 mins tie rod end, 5 hours for the control arms, and 2.5 for the springs/struts/mounts.
Can someone tell me if those labour charges are reasonable?

Failing that, I heard that Total Suspension in Scarborough is pretty good.

One other caution- there seems to be a small oil leak, and the steering fluid needs a flush. Would this add any weight to a repair/replace decision for the car (ie big issues down the road)?

Thoughts?

Cheers,
T

WOW reason number 1 not to go to crapy tire. I work at a parts store and i know the prices. Actualy i just sold almost all the same parts to a garage last week for a contour and it didn't cost more than $450, and that was all new parts (top of the line moog). Your oil leak can be fixed easily. There a sealer from ATP that will fix any oil leak (atp #atc-205). I had a oil leak on my mystique and it cured it right away.I hope i helped out a bit

1995 MYSTIQUE 2.0L -16" SVT wheels -Custom intake with HKS filter -audiobahn/pioneer stereo -Graphite grey met -Netherlands Plates
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by The1stAcekiller:
Well I went to Total Suspension today, I got my (new) rear control arms installed.. it all went smothly and they were extremely friendly! they answered all my questions and were very professional.. Huge Shop ! they can fit like 20 cars at a time!

If anybody needs suspension work and is near the 401 & Kennedy area , I highly recommend this place!

cheers
Martin

hmmm too bad the shops like 2 hours away!

95 Merc Stique Zetec 2.0 Auto
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Just to update you all.

I went to Total Suspension Saturday. As Martin said, very professional outfit. The suspension quote was reasonable, and firm. However, I have two major oil leaks in addition to the 1000 suspension work. One leak is the oil pan (not too bad, if I were lucky with the Y-Pipe studs), but there is also a big leak at the tranny gasket. With these cars, you mention the 'T' word, and that's a grand right there.
Frankly, I was okay at putting a grand into the car, but not if I have to look at having the tranny gasket and oil pan done down the (very short) road.

So, as I said back at the start of this thread, I'm trading the car. We saw a nice reliable, economical (but a bit un-exciting) '02 loaded Civic for about 11.5 grand, with another 2 off for mine.

I'm afraid it's pretty much a done deal, so some time next week, I will become a mere troll on these boards. It's been a blast guys, and I doubt I'll be able to find a Honda group with the same level of knowledge, and willingness to help out. Thanks for everything!

Cheers, guys,
Tim

E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
honda?!?!?!??!

1995 MYSTIQUE 2.0L -16" SVT wheels -Custom intake with HKS filter -audiobahn/pioneer stereo -Graphite grey met -Netherlands Plates
I
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
I

Did you ever think that perhaps your car has a lot more KMs than what the odometer reads? The Ford Odometers are very simple and easy to alter. If you bought the car before the law became effect (must show mileage at registration and on the used wehicle package), then there is a really good chance that someone rewound your odometer. You shouldn't have problems like you are descibing with only 150K.

'98 Contour 2.5L, 5-Speed, 100% stock '85 Porsche 928 5-speed, Supercharged & Intercooled 12.87sec @ 109mph
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Gerald_dup1, mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard