Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Okay <sigh> I know when I'm beaten!
I just got off the phone with John at Total Suspension, and I'm taking the car to be fixed on Saturday. He beat CanTire's quote by quite a bit, with all new (stock) parts.
So all that's left to fix now would be the oil leak, and steering flush, and I'm good for another year (I hope!!)

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by timstour:
... He beat CanTire's quote by quite a bit, with all new (stock) parts.

Let this be a lesson to you. Stay away from Cdn Tire, speedy, midas, any other 'chain' shops, and the stealer. A local shop will most always beat any quote those other places give you.

Take some time and visit a couple shops. Get at least three estimates, and go with your gut. Once you've gone to a local guy once and your happy, keep going to him.

That's the best way to find a mechaic on your own. Try asking around as well, a good reference could get you started.

96 LX 3.0L MTX - Black/Tan K&N; 12lb F/W & uprated clutch 2.5" Pipe; SVT bits; Mystery Mod; Pull-tie Mod; UN-tuned Mod; 3rd Gear Synro-Crunch Mod 280K on the Shell, and 40ish on the Motor... 1/4 mile?? Yeah, it's a fun daily driver...
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Don't forget an alignment once all that suspension work is done.

99 CSVT Green/Tan # 84 of 2760 Built on Wednesday, September 30, 1998 15.376 @ 92.00 MPH Stock 75,000Km 96 Contour GL 2.5L V6 ATX 170,000Km
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by touredon:
... He beat CanTire's quote by quite a bit, with all new (stock) parts.

Let this be a lesson to you. Stay away from Cdn Tire, speedy, midas, any other 'chain' shops, and the stealer. A local shop will most always beat any quote those other places give you.

Take some time and visit a couple shops. Get at least three estimates, and go with your gut. Once you've gone to a local guy once and your happy, keep going to him.

That's the best way to find a mechaic on your own. Try asking around as well, a good reference could get you started.

I'd also check if the place you take has any familiarity with Contours and the V6 contours. Some back-street mechanics can be a bit rough on a confined engine bay. Beware that they might quote you something then turn around and tell you 'it's so tight in there labour is double!'.

I actually go to the old stealership for some things I can't do myself, because the tech there has his own V6 5spd Contour so he can pick out problems at the drop of a hat!

1998.5 T-Red on Midnight Blue SVT Build Number 5320 of 6535
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Okay <sigh> I know when I'm beaten!
I just got off the phone with John at Total Suspension, and I'm taking the car to be fixed on Saturday. He beat CanTire's quote by quite a bit, with all new (stock) parts.
So all that's left to fix now would be the oil leak, and steering flush, and I'm good for another year (I hope!!)

Mini meet at Total Suspensions this weekend?
I talked to John today cause I need a ball joint done. My own mechanic is busy (he works on the side), so I figured the TS would be the best place to go. As I talked to JOhn, he said that another Contour is coming in this weekend from Kitchener. Figured it had to be someone from here!
We also talked about Laura and what a great lady she is!
Johns a great guy. Depending on how my mechanic does, I might see you there on Saturday morning!
Erik

95 LX/SE V6 5 Speed NUN 1 http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/588083 "The Contour SE is the best American car I have ever driven and one of the best cars period." Larry Griffin - C&D
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
hey is there room for one more ?? I need to get a suspension part installed.. where is this place located? maybe I can drop by???

98 Contour V6 MTX CTA Exhaust/CTA Intake/MSDS Y-pipe/Bat Handling Kit/Predator Alarm/Spec1 Clutch Kit/SVT Flywheel/G Assurances Fix your car yourself "It's not a UFO." Todras
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by The1stAcekiller:
hey is there room for one more ?? I need to get a suspension part installed.. where is this place located? maybe I can drop by???

Would love to have ya!
Great shop. They are just north of Lawrence, west off of Midland on Midwest Rd.

95 LX/SE V6 5 Speed NUN 1 http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/588083 "The Contour SE is the best American car I have ever driven and one of the best cars period." Larry Griffin - C&D
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Awesome ! I just might drop by! what time you guys going on Saturday??

thanks
Martin

98 Contour V6 MTX CTA Exhaust/CTA Intake/MSDS Y-pipe/Bat Handling Kit/Predator Alarm/Spec1 Clutch Kit/SVT Flywheel/G Assurances Fix your car yourself "It's not a UFO." Todras
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Probably in the morning sometime. 9 or 10?

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Is this the place?

Total Suspensions Inc
220 Midwest Road,
Scarborough, ON M1P 3A9
Tel. : 416-777-4647

if it is I should be there!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Gerald_dup1, mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard