Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Who has opinions on which is the best, looks the best, has anyone done a side exit exhaust on a se etc..? I will be upgradeing my setup soon and want everyones opinions before I do. cool

98 'tour silver
KKM
svt exhaust
svt wheels
stereo mods=kenwood head unit
alpine amps installed
12" kicker comp vr sub
purple calipers

www.angelfire.com/realm2/silverbullet/contour.html
http://members.sounddomain.com/silverbullet02

Mods to come!
purple neons
marker lights
PUTER chip
svt body kit
lowering job
PROBABLY IN THAT ORDER!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I was also wondering what the performance differences would be with a dual exit muffler, but what I want to know is, what difference does it make running a mock SVT(dual pipe) setup as opposed to just replacing the stock SE muffler with a dual exit muffler, and leaving it in the stock location(without the pipes/tips sticking out from under the SE bumper, per current SE setup, short pipe bent slightly)?

2000 SE Sport V6
Deep Navy CC Metallic
My 2G Sport
T
T
yes, a side exit exhaust has been name. the guy's name was trurida222 or something similar, it exited through those removable pieces of the side skirt (he removed them, and damnit i forget what they're called). only problem with side exit exhaust is 1. it's very close to the gas tank, and 2. how would you jack your car up if you have sideskirts (the only way i think it would look good). nick - gotta have a nice shiny chrome tip to finish it off wink

No car anymore ;\ (taking a break from driving due to several misfortunate occurances)
Newest mod for my Dad's Cobra 'vert: My beautiful girlfriend and I for passengers when we want to go somewhere laugh
If I had the notches in the rear bumper so it looked stock, I would be all over dual pipes with chrome tips. But since they would be sticking out from under the bumper, I think I would be happier if they were not as noticable. I may have to consult with a body shop. Is it possible to have a shop put notches in the rear bumper for tips without it looking like crap? BTW, no SVT bumper suggestions as I have an SE Sport, not a SVT...keeping it real guys. wink

2000 SE Sport V6
Deep Navy CC Metallic
My 2G Sport
T
T
if you mean notched, a decent looking notch shouldn't be hard to do. i'd be somewhat interested in that myself, as with notching you'd only be cutting through a little plastic. i believe bmxcontour (from ohio) notched his rear bumper. probably wouldn't be too difficult. now if you want an actual cutout, that'd be a little tougher.

No car anymore ;\ (taking a break from driving due to several misfortunate occurances)
Newest mod for my Dad's Cobra 'vert: My beautiful girlfriend and I for passengers when we want to go somewhere laugh
T
T
I'm increasing my notches in about 2 weeks when I hang new mufflers/tips. Easy to do with a dremel. These are dynomax's with about 1/4 of the tip diameter notched into the bumper. (Kind of hard to see...)

Scott
95 SE-2.5L ATX (120K+ miles & many mods)
P
P
I have something along these lines in the works at the moment, hope to have pics in the near future wink

97 Zetec MTX Sport
Esslinger UDP; Nology HotWires and BERU Silverstones; Sylvania Silverstars (high beam in low beam)
Dual Fiamm air horns
Mk1 Mondeo Clear corners(and yes I made them fit....)
Boston FS80's in the front

Micah's PRE98 SVT front bumper, W/ Mirko splitter(yet to be painted)

Rally drivers do it sideways......

Email: Roknut@linkline.com
AIM: AphexTwinGrin
C
C
hey I was the first to put a side exit out the jack point on my 95 se, but I only had it out one side.

98 silver frost SVT
custom built intake, offroad y-pipe,mystery mod,remote optimizer,short shifter,zex nitrous, lots of stereo, 17 konigs

with paradas.(bent) TOTALED do to freak electrical fire?(that started at a wireing harness ford neglected to tell me should have been recalled as they did with the 95se) I miss this car.

NEW PROFFESSION AS A TROLL.

new car. 2000 dodge dakota 4.7l v8. custombuilt intake, custom exhaust, kennebell pcm, and electric fan conversion, 180 stat, 3.55 pegleg, my old stereo system, 17x7 billets and 255-50 nitto 450 tires. next drop and traction adders. g-tech 14.5

in search of 95 se fivespeed to hang contourparts on.
S
OP Offline
S
Conig do you have any pics? I have given it alot of thought but would not do it unless I saw it first.

-------------------------------------------
larry
98 'tour se
svt wheels
stereo
purple neons

98 'tour silver
KKM
svt exhaust
svt wheels
stereo mods=kenwood head unit
alpine amps installed