Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1527635 03/16/06 12:56 AM
A
OP Offline
A
Anybody else going?

Directions

I want to meet some other Contour drivers.

Black '99 Contour SE Sport (5spd) All Stock for now
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
I keep thinking about it, but I might go dyno instead - it's just a very long drive and a lot of gas money. Moxnix might show up, he now drives a Miata.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Yeah, I've decided not to go. Post up anytime you're going, though, and I'll do the same: I'd love to run with another Contour someday. Are you running GS? Street tires?

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
A
OP Offline
A
This is my first time ever. I have watched a few different events. I guess that is where I will be.

Black '99 Contour SE Sport (5spd) All Stock for now
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
Yeah, I've decided not to go. Post up anytime you're going, though, and I'll do the same: I'd love to run with another Contour someday. Are you running GS? Street tires?

You ever come up to Southern NY meets? I'll probably try and make a couple this year. I'll be terrified of the oiling problem, but whatever, if it goes, its 3l time! I'd love to run another Contour too. Are you a bad/average/good/great driver? I think I'm about average, or maybe a tad better than that. I was usually hitting similar times to much better cars last year in my Grand Am, that car was terrible suspension wise, althought the gearing and motor was perfect. I think CSVT will be very good for the autox.

Current Ride: 1998 Contour SVT - T-Red, Res. Delete, K&N under the hood, broken side skirt at passenger rear jackpoint. Its FOR SALE, see the classifieds.
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Yeah, SNY is my home region! I'm a decent driver: I won my class last year, against mild competition. I'm hopeless on some courses, though, and can lose HORRIBLY when I can't get the course figured out. It'll be great to have a Contour around!

Oh, don't sweat the oiling - run 6.5 qts and never look back. I did a LOT of research before I started, and you're never pulling hard enough long enough on an autocross course.

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Maybe we'll take a ride down. I have to see if I have anything going on that day and then I'll let you know.

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Christine - you know it starts in 13.5 hours, right?

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Moxnix might show up, he now drives a Miata.

Not going to be there. I have not been to Warminster yet because it is such a long drive from D.C. I will in AutoX school tomorrow.

I might make it to philly at ripken on April 1st.

Beaten - 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege 29K <- broken hearted Daily/Weekend Beater - 1990 miata 138K - AutoX every weekend = Adult driven on weekends
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Christine - you know it starts in 13.5 hours, right?

I've been under the influence of sinus meds so I'm feeling today.
Not really sure what day I thought it actually was. Thanks for pointing it out.
We'll see how I feel in the morning before I decide.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard