Next Thread
Print Thread
#1527074 03/15/06 12:45 PM
L
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
L
Ok, I have a coolant tank issue, as some may have read on here before, my old tank had the cap snap off and leave teh neck of the cap in the hole. Got another tank and a pressurized cap. put those on and i had white smoke come out the back. so i went back to my old tank, got the busted neck out and installed that with the new pressurized cap. drove for one day and lost coolant each time i drove. and when i say lost coolant, i had none in the reservoir, it appeared to be sprayed out the relief tube in the back of the tank. the newer tank i bought didnt have this tube in the back. so last nite i swapped tanks again, got to work (25 min drive, mostly highway) and there was some coolant on the ground, go to check under the hood and there is coolant on the cap as if when it was releasing the pressure, it kicked coolant out as well. this cant be common is it? could the cap be faulty? any suggestions as to which tank is better for the car, the one with the relief tube in the back or the one that doesnt have the tube? thanks in advance.

Mike 99' Silver CSVT 95' Silver Acura Integra www.latest-craze.com
#1527075 03/20/06 04:38 AM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
What came from the factory is what you should have under the hood. If your system builds so much pressure it sprays out the cap, it could be a plugged coolant system. Does your system have good circulation? Do you have good heat from the fan?
Thermostat opening and or overheating an issue?

95 Contour GL. Bought new. BAT Sway Bars/Pioneer CD/Koni Rear Struts/Mobil Fluids. Looking for 15" alloy rims-PM me. 180,500km's so far.
#1527076 03/20/06 11:44 AM
L
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
L
Bought the car off a private seller so dont know if he changed the tank out from what came from the factory. Not overheating and get good heat from fan, new thermostat and waterpump middle of last year.

Mike 99' Silver CSVT 95' Silver Acura Integra www.latest-craze.com

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard