Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Hey everyone, I just did the manifold cleaning and got my car running, had to put oil in the cylinders via spark plug holes, but engine started up and now feels more powerful and gas mileage seems better, but I got a CEL. So I had it pulled at Autozone and it came up on the reader as the VSS, with a P1518 code, which came out as my Intake Manifold runner control stuck open, but engine is running fine, when it first started I revved it up and it made the moosing noise which lasted about 20-30 seconds, and would not stop with more revving, until after that amount of time, when it would stop with very little revving, but now it's not even doing that. Did I just trip something or is something actually wrong? Any help is appreciated, thanks guys.

'99 Spruce Green SE "Sport" 'Tour, 2.5L MTX...80K and running like it just rolled off the lot. Tryin' to add an extra .5L ASAP
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
For the VSS code, check that you did not bump the wire loose.

Don't worry about the P1518 yet.

Do the moose fix (throttle hang fix) and see if the P1518 will go away too. If not it could be a loose linkage.
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=v6maint&Number=1148660&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=all&vc=1

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
D
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
I fixed it today, it was a linkage that I didn't remember to correct when I rebuilt it , took a total of 2 second to fix, reset the PCM, and no more CEL. Thanks for the help though.

'99 Spruce Green SE "Sport" 'Tour, 2.5L MTX...80K and running like it just rolled off the lot. Tryin' to add an extra .5L ASAP

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard