Print Thread
#1526191 03/14/06 02:01 PM
S
salmon Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
i have a 98 ford contour se.just got a phone call from mechanic said that the water pump have to be replaced because of leaking.the price of the part and labor will cost me $400.i found that part only cost less than $100 online.does it have to be replaced or it can be fixed?i have no idea about it.could you guys give some advices?i am in vancouver.thanks.

#1526192 03/14/06 02:12 PM
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
If its the impellar, then its an inexpensive fix you can do yourself. if its the whole water pump, still easy to do and if you can find somone on here with an extra one from a parts car or something you can get it for dirt cheap, Stazi or Todras sold me one and it bolted right up and I was good to go. If its the impellar, I have one I bought and it was used for roughly 2 weeks before i realized the rest of the water pump was leaking the coolant, hence why i got one off here. If you need only the impellar, PM for info. Dont get bent over by that guy and his high bill, this takes maybe an hour of your time and you can more than likely get the part off here or in a junkyard.

Mike 99' Silver CSVT 95' Silver Acura Integra www.latest-craze.com

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard