Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by blu_fuz:
didn't elky have a kit made for doing that same thing - everything is already made if he still offers it.... i think - JOE

Nope .. IIRC he made like three for an interest check but nobody was willing to commit. He kept one and the others were sold almost immediately to others not involved. I really want one, myself, though if GTO Pete can get a how-to on this (with pics, heh) I might just be able to make my own in the future.

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Which dealership did you go to?

The SVT dealers in the area are Mangold's in Eureka and Uftring's in East Peoria. I think there is one in Clinton too.

Not to change the subject, but now that spring is almost here we need to get a downstate meet going since it seems there are more and more people on here. I'll post something on the W Great Lakes about interest.

Bob Johann SoundQ SVT 1998 T-Red SVT Contour #3088 2001 IASCA Pro Street 1-600 Champion 2002 SLAP Pro Street 1-600 Champion 2002 MECA SQL Master Class Champion 2003 IASCA StreetX 1-600 Champion 2005 SLAP Expert Street Champion
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by 98 SE:
Originally posted by blu_fuz:
didn't elky have a kit made for doing that same thing - everything is already made if he still offers it.... i think - JOE

Nope .. IIRC he made like three for an interest check but nobody was willing to commit. He kept one and the others were sold almost immediately to others not involved. I really want one, myself, though if GTO Pete can get a how-to on this (with pics, heh) I might just be able to make my own in the future.

you are correct sir.

but i also stoped making them because petes method is easier.
i highly recommend it, plus if you want you can offset the plate under the bumper.

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by SoundQ SVT:
Which dealership did you go to?

The SVT dealers in the area are Mangold's in Eureka and Uftring's in East Peoria. I think there is one in Clinton too.

Ya, I was thinking about the one in Clinton...I think it's Anderson Ford if I recall...Dennison in Bloomington was the one that two people weren't aware of the existance of a Contour SVT, so I'm pretty much done with them.

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
I'd say give Mangold's a try. That's where I bought my car and they have worked on it in the past.

The SVT sales rep is named Rob Gregoire (pronounced "Gregory"). He's a good guy and he can help you make sure the parts dept gets you what you need. Plus I think Eureka is the same distance from Normal as Clinton.

Tell Rob I sent you his way for a hand.

Bob Johann SoundQ SVT 1998 T-Red SVT Contour #3088 2001 IASCA Pro Street 1-600 Champion 2002 SLAP Pro Street 1-600 Champion 2002 MECA SQL Master Class Champion 2003 IASCA StreetX 1-600 Champion 2005 SLAP Expert Street Champion
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by 98 SE:
I really want one, myself, though if GTO Pete can get a how-to on this (with pics, heh) I might just be able to make my own in the future.

I actually made two different kinds - an under $5 one and an under $10 one.

I'll throw a few $ into creating a How-to and sell the under $10 to whomever.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
I'll take it if it's not claimed...nice to see the money going into a how too for the rest

O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
Any problems relocating the plate off center ? aerodynamic wise I mean ?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard