Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Ok I was driving 55 MPH in 5th gear and I just so happened to be looking down at my gauges when all of the sudden my charge and oil idiot lights came on. I turned the car off imeditaly and pulled over to the side of the road. I pulled out my handy dandy faraday light and walked to back to check the road for oil. No oil there, then I poped the hood and still found no oil or even the hint that there was a leak. Next I checked under the car, still none. So I got back in and started it up and no lights came on. I drove it stright home. Could it of been a short in the idiot lights wiring or something like that?

The "Bluer Tour" 1998.5 SVTour R.I.P. 2000 ATX Tour SE
K
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
K
Might just be sensors, may need replacement soon. Or maybe oil pressure is low.

R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Battery age?

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
3 months old, but I'm not sure how bad it has been worn down because of altenartor trouble, although each time I have recharged it.

S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Kenaida:
Might just be sensors, may need replacement soon. Or maybe oil pressure is low.

Aren't the charge and oil light on differnt sensors? This has come 1 week early since I ordered the Lo-tek pillar pods and auto meter gauges, so hopefully if it does happen again I will have more insight on the engines where abouts.

S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Ok the tour did it again tonight. This time I was doing 30 MPH and the tachometer dropped to zero and my power steering went out. I tuned it off and then back on and everything was a-ok. Could this be a slipping serpitne belt? I also have my Lo-Tek in this time and my volts went down to 12 and the oil pressure dropeed about 10 PSI.

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by SVTspazz:
Ok the tour did it again tonight. This time I was doing 30 MPH and the tachometer dropped to zero and my power steering went out. I tuned it off and then back on and everything was a-ok. Could this be a slipping serpitne belt? I also have my Lo-Tek in this time and my volts went down to 12 and the oil pressure dropeed about 10 PSI.

Yeah, I was thinking replace your serpintine belt/tensioner before you even said it.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by SVTspazz:

If it is the serpentine belt, the tachometer would not go to zero. You are looking at an engine stall problem. Check the connector at the PCM, battery terminal clamps, battery cable to alternator, battery cable to ground.

Edit. And get it scanned for CELs. It could be a Camshaft Position Sensor.

Last edited by Tony2005; 03/12/06 04:32 AM.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Scanner only pulled up cat codes nothing about cam shaft sensor. I am thinking it is the connection between the battery and altenator since I have been having trouble with it here latley.

But why would powersteering go out if my altenator and battery had a bad connection?

R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
because you aren't charging your battery, and you aren't powering your engine with the alt, so it dies while driving.

then restart and you get a good connection, etc to the alt and it charges/runs like normal.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard