Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Well the other day my rear door buttons stop working and are not getting any power to them (I have leds in door handles and they don't light up). I think it may be the master switch cause the leds that i have in it keep shorting out. Could it be the resistors need to be changed? If so what kind? Please help, not a major thing cause i can still open the windows with the master switch just really annoying. Any help welcome.

RED 98 3L SVT Contour Mods: 3 Liter block,DMD,Magencor Wires,resonator removed,Borla exaust,mystery mod,BAT Handling Kit,and extras
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I had the same problem after I installed LEDs in the master switch.

The rear window lock swtich is very sensitive so double check that to make sure it's fine.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Problem is the Master, (Driver's), switch assy.
The Rear window lock out is broken.
I just repaired mine by swapping parts from two to make one good one.
Small plastic doodad with spring inside that operates the lock out assy broke.
This also caused the LED's in the switches to stop working.
Best to find a good used one on ebay, just make sure its for the appropriate year car as they changed over the years.

The Drake Equation States: N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L Meaning That There Is A Good Chance That We Are Not Alone.
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Thanks for your help!!!! You all are the best!!

RED 98 3L SVT Contour Mods: 3 Liter block,DMD,Magencor Wires,resonator removed,Borla exaust,mystery mod,BAT Handling Kit,and extras

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard