Next Thread
Print Thread
A
ahass Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
I've got the V6 SE up on ramps ready to gut the precats. On a preliminary look, the back precat looks easy...drop the Y-pipe, gut it with a screwdriver while it's still on the car.

The front has me worried. Once the Y-pipe comes off, I can't see where the bolts are to remove it from the engine. It doesn't appear accessible from above (coolant lines?). Any advice how to do this one?
THANKS!

R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
use the search feature my friend. I am pretty sure you are supposed to drill a hole in the bottom where the front manifold bends and lean it out from there. You would then have to plug that hole up. Use the search for more info.

Originally posted by Who the F are You?:
does your family tree not have any branches on it?

99SVT 235hp @ 6550rpm 212tq @ 5350rpm
A
ahass Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
Thanks...I looked through the directions already, I just thought the hole-drilling was for the back cat. Looking at it again I think I have it figured out.

A
ahass Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
I'm having trouble getting the Y-pipe off. There is a rubber-gasketed flange connecting it to the main cat...I assume I have to undo these bolts? I know, dumb question, but I want to be sure I take it apart the right place. The nuts on these bolts are rusted beyond use...I'd have to grind them off and get new ones somewhere. I can't tell what is firmly connected to what on the exhaust system since visibility is not that great under there.

It'll take the fire wrench to get the others off as it is...looks like I might have to get more parts (the bolts) before I tangle with this.

A
ahass Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
bump

G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
If I remember right there will be either 7 or 8 bolts,depending on if you have the two or three bolt flange.Two on each manifold where it connects to the Y-pipe,2 or 3 on the flange that connects to the cat and one that connects to the bottom of the engine right where the pipe starts the Y.The bolts are a PITA broke mine so I just put some headers on it. Good excuse or the upgrade

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard