Next Thread
Print Thread
#1513805 02/27/06 09:13 PM
C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
So after going through 3 cheapass junkyard transmissions that were 'guranteed' to work (the last of which didn't make 10 miles and I didn't even push 3,000 rpm), I got my money back and have to take it in the rear for a trans rebuild on the credit card. Im so sick of dropping this transmission...

ANYONE know where I can get my grubby little hands on a torsen or quaife for a decent price? Or a Used one even? cheapest i found a quaife was $690 and torsen was $590. I hate to spend this much money when my mustang project is kicking my ass at the same time, but I need one of them to move so I can get to work.

Any input on what would work better for a street drivin car? At that price what the hell is an extra 100 bucks if the quaife is that much better. This car will never be 'raced', but I drive insanly fast, and I am sick of this thing not moving. Also, I was thinking of putting the taller ring gear from the 4 cyl trans in since most of my driving is highway around 85-90 mph. Has anyone done this? Is it a bad idea (breaks) or too much trouble to mess with?

Any help, or heads up on where to go or get parts from would be greatly appreciated.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Look here for your answers

Been hashed over more than once there.

Ryan Trollin!
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Are you going to get smart and send it to Terry? He cuts a pretty good deal on an LSD if he is installing it.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard