Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
M
Those lights are sweet. I would have some too but I cant find any with a tach. any help?

G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
I'm thinking about those actually, did you just use the stock tach?
these look so nice when there put in

'96 Mystique (Performance Wht/Zetec) few mods '65 Ford Mustang V8 <3 '85 Caddy Eldorado AKA Pimpmobile lol :P
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by guessclassic65:

It looks like he doesn't have a tach on his 'Tour.

For some gauge overlays (w/ Tach), check this:

procarparts.com

Or

procarparts.com # 2

I don't believe either of these require any wiring... etc. but I haven't fully researched them yet.

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
K
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by mean'tour:
Originally posted by guessclassic65:

It looks like he doesn't have a tach on his 'Tour.

For some gauge overlays (w/ Tach), check this:

procarparts.com

Or

procarparts.com # 2

I don't believe either of these require any wiring... etc. but I haven't fully researched them yet.

Both of those need wiring but its not that hard. If I had a tach I would go with the reverse style one from procarparts.com.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Kerry2Kool4U:
Originally posted by DESIGN:
I like those. Let me ask a couple of ignorant questions though.

Are they difficult to put in?

How are they lit? I am assuming that they come with there own blub/light.

Jon

The difficulty level is 4 out of 10(<-- being the hardest):
The hardest part for me was finding a suitable ground wire location (wires are a bit short to work with.) I was going to wire them up to the head light switch but I decided to wire it to my fog light switch. The rest was strait forward.

They are indiglo guages, they have there own light source, no bulbs. As far as turning them on, the switch they provided found its place on the bottom of my steering column.

I'm pretty happy with them, even though I think my speedo gauge is off by 5 mph's.

Does anyone know how to light up the needles more at night?

Well I think it would be pretty hard to combat the brightness of the speedo. But heres an idea. The needles are lit from the bulbs in your cluster, there are small refractors that deliever the light to your needle. All you need to do is simply make more light travel to the needles. How you do that is up to you.

Tyler

K
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by SHAutoTrends:
Originally posted by DESIGN:
I like those. Let me ask a couple of ignorant questions though.

Are they difficult to put in?

How are they lit? I am assuming that they come with there own blub/light.

Jon

The difficulty level is 4 out of 10(<-- being the hardest):
The hardest part for me was finding a suitable ground wire location (wires are a bit short to work with.) I was going to wire them up to the head light switch but I decided to wire it to my fog light switch. The rest was strait forward.

They are indiglo guages, they have there own light source, no bulbs. As far as turning them on, the switch they provided found its place on the bottom of my steering column.

I'm pretty happy with them, even though I think my speedo gauge is off by 5 mph's.

Does anyone know how to light up the needles more at night?

Well I think it would be pretty hard to combat the brightness of the speedo. But heres an idea. The needles are lit from the bulbs in your cluster, there are small refractors that deliever the light to your needle. All you need to do is simply make more light travel to the needles. How you do that is up to you.

Tyler

Thanks, When I saw one of those refractors when I was installing the faces I thought they were mounting points for the plates the faces sit on. I'll search and see what I can find on the needle lighting.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
import intelligence has some real nice guage over lays for are cars... alot of colors to choose from.

G/f's black 99se sport 5 speed 2 1/2 test pipe-custom cat back 3 single tip cai with kn3530 safc optimized tb 8mm plug wires spec stage 1 clutch svt front bumper
K
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by pimpdcontour:
import intelligence has some real nice guage over lays for are cars... alot of colors to choose from.

They also have the lighted needles I might get if I can't get my needles to light up more.

P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
they only have the red needle kit for the contour

G/f's black 99se sport 5 speed 2 1/2 test pipe-custom cat back 3 single tip cai with kn3530 safc optimized tb 8mm plug wires spec stage 1 clutch svt front bumper
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
After a week and a half of "shipping" my guages finally arrived and I installed them within an hour.

The Old:

The New:

My old guages had a glue on the back of them and I found a place to put them:

Yes, thats my cat on the desk.

I took of the old gauges(plastics) and glued the new ones on. I wired the new gauges through some lights I took out from the cluster. Is there anything I can do about the lights right behind the needles and lighting the needles up more?

Comments? Suggestions?

i have maybe known as a stupid question...can you maybe post the on/off switch to turn the gauges on/off? Where do you put it? I already asked someone if they we're able to be hooked up to the headlights like the stock ones and my response was no..

wanna help me out?
thanks alot.

'96 Mystique (Performance Wht/Zetec) few mods '65 Ford Mustang V8 <3 '85 Caddy Eldorado AKA Pimpmobile lol :P
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard