Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
Anyone care to speculate on his sanity when he uttered this nonsense? To paraphrase for those who may not have heard them..."the Winter Olympics are worthless because they lack African-American athletes in any number", or something to that effect.

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
He said it last week BTW. Here is the clip. He and Kanye must be hanging out.

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2698873?ns=1

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
The latest trend of everyone throwing the race-card back out s a bunch of BS (Detroit Zoo fiasco, for example).

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
The comment about it not being the best athletes because there aren't many blacks is ludicrous. The rest of what he said is pretty well right on. To his credit, he said just little enough to not get destroyed by the media.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by ABCarr:
Anyone care to speculate on his sanity when he uttered this nonsense? To paraphrase for those who may not have heard them..."the Winter Olympics are worthless because they lack African-American athletes in any number", or something to that effect.

Um, is somebody preventing them from participating or sup'm??

Dis-proportionate number of black men in the NBA. Does that mean they're keeping us white folk down?? Maybe we should trade players between the NBA and the NHL...

Or how 'bout making up new sports that everybody might take interest in, like: Full contact curling.

Last edited by TourDeForce; 02/23/06 01:50 PM.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Somehow, I don't think the black athletes in the Winter Olympics really care what GUMBEL thinks.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
Somehow, I don't think the black athletes in the Winter Olympics really care what GUMBEL thinks.

Agreed, and I've always disliked Gumbel. Always has a tacky, arrogant smirk on his face followed up by comments like that.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by Pre98:

Agreed, and I've always disliked Gumbel. Always has a tacky, arrogant smirk on his face followed up by comments like that.

What a piece of [censored]! How can he say that...he knows black people don't like the cold weather!! Every time I go to the slopes I see maybe one black gent! What a douchebag!!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:
Originally posted by Pre98:

What a piece of [censored]! How can he say that...he knows black people don't like the cold weather!! Every time I go to the slopes I see maybe one black gent! What a douchebag!!

Bumbel is a creep. Always has been. Soiling something like the Olympics with a racial remark like that. The guy simply has no class.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by ABCarr:

Thank goodness.

Down with the blackies !

(J/k).

John Candy: "Hey Fred, why aren't there more black people in hockey ?"
Fred: "Hey man, give us some room, we got to take over one sport at a time"

or something

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard