Print Thread
#1509869 02/23/06 12:32 AM
A
ahass Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
OK...contant P0420s, O2 sensor doesn't seem to make a difference. Been going on for about 2 years. Took to dealership 1X, told me precat #1 was bad and #2 was going (1.5 years ago). Light went out but came back 4 months ago and is here to stay. Seems to be a little less power (maybe?) too.

I've decided to go ahead and gut the precats/install MIL eliminators. I was hoping you guys could answer some questions for me (I've gotten great advice here in the past...thanks again):
1) I only have ramps; I plan to remove the precats to clean them. Anything special I should know? Problems/gear for reinstallation?
2) I once say a post complete with pics on how to clean them on-engine. This is a great reference but I can't locate it again. Anyone have it?

Thanks in advance....

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
well the rear is easy,just remove the ypipe,and bam its right there for the gutting ,becareful of the upstream o2's while your in there,in fact just remove and replace if they never have been,the front,well you need to drill a hole in the bottom of the manifold,right on the bottom of the bend,and find something to jam up in to the honeycomb,make sure you get it all out and the scruby brush material too,i used a shop vac to get all of the broken cat out,if you dont,not only will you get a tin can rattle sound,but if it gets sucked back into your engine..bye bye engine too...btw,get ready for a slightly louder/raspier exhuast

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
A
ahass Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
Thanks...and anyone got an opinion on the best place to get MIL eliminators?

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
A
ahass Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
Thanks! This was exactly what I was searching for.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard