Next Thread
Print Thread
L
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
L
http://www.seafoamsales.com/motorTuneUpTechGas.htm

I have a feeling this is similar to the Barrymans people recommend for doing the intake cleaning without removal. But I was wondering if the is a better product to try possibly since they recommend to also use it in the crankcase and fuel tank. Or maybe it's snake oil?

Alot of guys over at the NAtional Lightning Owners Club seem to be using it and are reporting good results, so I figured Id ask how it would work for the Duratech? I removed my intakes les than 10k miles ago, but figured this could be a good measure to prevent the build up from getting really bad in between "real" cleaning?

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
"I have a feeling this is similar to the Barrymans people recommend for doing the intake cleaning without removal."
Yes.
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=v6maint&Number=1174684&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=2&vc=1

"so I figured Id ask how it would work for the Duratech?"
Yes.
http://www.contour.org/mods/mods.php?s=howto&displayid=43

"I removed my intakes les than 10k miles ago, but figured this could be a good measure to prevent the build up from getting really bad in between "real" cleaning?"
Yes.

Last edited by Tony2005; 02/22/06 05:35 PM.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Search seafoam. Lots of posts.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
L
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
L
Thanks I searched. One last question though, is it necesary to change plugs after the cleaning, when done as maintenance? I just put in new plugs is why I ask.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
If you read the Big Jim link on UIM cleaning,
"This does not need to have an oil change or spark plug change after doing this, but if you are going to do such services, it is better to do them after so that you don't take a chance in fouling new plugs and you can dump the junk out of the crankcase."

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
LOVE seafoam. Best stuff in my opinion

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
From my experience, the Seafoam doesn't clean nearly as well. It's not nearly as volatile, however, and so while B12 will probably pass through the intake mostly as a gas, the seafoam will resist evaporation and actually do something. But, again, from what I saw, that's not much. Soaking my intake in B12 cleaned it - I mean really got everything, with no scrubbing. Seafoam didn't seem to eat away at it much.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results

Link Copied to Clipboard