Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
My 95 Zetec had no gasket on the IAC as well!
I taking a trip to the US in the end of April. Pick one up then as nobody in Canada has a listing for this gasket.
Also going to grab a bunch of Berryman B-12.
Have you tried this yet? Suppose to be great for cleaning injectors.

95 Contour GL. Bought new. BAT Sway Bars/Pioneer CD/Koni Rear Struts/Mobil Fluids. Looking for 15" alloy rims-PM me. 180,500km's so far.
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by hoger29:
...Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Might as well clean the MAF and check the areas around it for leaks.
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=zetecmaint&Number=989728&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=all&vc=1

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
H
hoger29 Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
H
I was having an idle problem and then I added berrymans b-12 and 3/4 of a tank later I am having the current issue with the idle which is much worse.
I Did change the MAF about six months ago, had a code, then changed it. Code gone idle stay the same.
I just went to the ford dealer and they said $11 for the IAC gasket, seems a little to expensive.

Where in Canada are you from?

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I'm from Winnipeg.
You seem to be having the same issues as me!
3 days ago I filled my tank. I also put in 500ml of TCW-3 sled oil to lubricate the upper valve train and the injectors. So far it is working. I have no CEL codes and none for rough idle.

95 Contour GL. Bought new. BAT Sway Bars/Pioneer CD/Koni Rear Struts/Mobil Fluids. Looking for 15" alloy rims-PM me. 180,500km's so far.
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
yeah my car even dies sometimes when its warm on idle and when its cold and i start it it dies immediatly... ive changed evertyhing plugs wires oil-filter gaspump-filter and new iac and new air tempeture sensor valve cover gasket and the problem gets worse tomorow im going to change the tss because i get the bang shift thing... and ive changed the trans miss oil... i have checked the egr valve and lines going to and around it i feel no air leaks

H
hoger29 Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
H
I just got the factory gasket for IAC and it is basically two O rings for 11 dollars, but on the Autozone repair manual for the 96 contour it shows a gasket that it the size of the intire mating surface. If anyone has changed theirs or knows anything about this please let me know.

H
hoger29 Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
H
I think that my idle problem is fixed. I replaced the IAC gasket and cleaned out the IAC with some carb cleaner and wd 40. I also noticed that the fat O ring on the bottom of the plenum chamber was not seated right and could have caused a leak between it and throttle body. Hope this fixed the problem, but it is very nice out today and it acted up in cold weather.

I also sprayed every vacuum hose and basiccally the entire engine area with carb cleaner and did not get any acceleration so I assume there is no vacuum leak. I really sprayed the PCV hose and grommet and nothing so hopefully this is the last idle issue.

I do have a rough idle in drive while stopped still, but I believe that this is the tranny mount because the vibration will go away when I shift into neutral or park, but that is for another day.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard