Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
N
N
Originally posted by dnewma04:
I didn't want to get into specifics about ED, but those threads do that pretty well. Many people have been seriously [censored] by ED. They may be better, but I'd have a hard time recommending them. About the TC motor, using standards motors isn't unusual at all in this industry. Especially with startups like ED.

The issue with the standard motor wasn't the issue. As you say, it isn't unusual...however *inserting details here* he lied to me face-to-face that Dan Wiggins of Adire Audio called to ask him whether he was using a motor that was copying XBL^2 (a patented Adire motor technology), purportedly because Dan measured the motor's BL vs. X on the eD A series (flat cones) and found it to be very similar to the XBL^2 motor. I talked to Dan, and Dan did no such thing. I have talked to Dan on numerous occasions and have never had a dealing with him where he wasn't completely truthful with me...verified by a reputable 3rd party.

Originally posted by SteedaSVTââ??¢:
When they where coming out with the nine.4 i was the third person to buy one. The day after they where released i got mine.

I have Purchased over a grand in stuff from ED never once had a problem, got a nine.1 shipped to be becuase i had a problem with mine before i sent my 9.1 back.

Name another company that will do that?

You were very fortunate...as that is not typical eD fare. So I would wager that even eD would not be an example in reference to your question.

Eric

Last edited by nismo; 02/22/06 06:05 PM.
D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
When they where coming out with the nine.4 i was the third person to buy one. The day after they where released i got mine.

I have Purchased over a grand in stuff from ED never once had a problem, got a nine.1 shipped to be becuase i had a problem with mine before i sent my 9.1 back.

McIntosh. Actually, I sent my amp (that I purchased used with no warranty) to be inspected/rebuilt. They paid to have it shipped to them, did the inspection and supplied parts (screws, and a couple of aluminum trim pieces that were scratched) and sent it back to me for 0.00.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Originally posted by nismo:

You were very fortunate...as that is not typical eD fare. So I would wager that even eD would not be an example in reference to your question.

Eric

Seems to me that they are a prime Example since i just stated the reasons.

But if you wanna live in your ED hating world Cool I really don't care...

N
N

I feel he brought this on himself, but I would cease and desist my mission to share this information if he would truly apologize and make things right.

I guess you could say I brought this on myself as even after he stuck me on a couple things, I still supported him. I just don't want other people to get burned like I did.

You can think I hate eD when I'm just sharing the experiences of myself and that of others when someone says "I've never heard anything bad about them".

Something to think about...those who know better stay away from the cheap-bling brands try to tell those who don't know any better about how the audio industry works...I'm merely trying to do the same thing with eD.

Eric

S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S

I feel he brought this on himself, but I would cease and desist my mission to share this information if he would truly apologize and make things right.

I guess you could say I brought this on myself as even after he stuck me on a couple things, I still supported him. I just don't want other people to get burned like I did.

You can think I hate eD when I'm just sharing the experiences of myself and that of others when someone says "I've never heard anything bad about them".

Something to think about...those who know better stay away from the cheap-bling brands try to tell those who don't know any better about how the audio industry works...I'm merely trying to do the same thing with eD.

Eric

Thats great, and I have never had a Problem with them or RE, so i support them. To each his own

N
N
Thats great, and I have never had a Problem with them or RE, so i support them. To each his own

Have you ever had a chance to meet David from RE? Dude is cool as hell...also a buddy of mine.

I had 2 RE8's and I wish I hadn't sold them, but its okay because I think I'll be using 4 15" RE SE's in a wall in my S10.

Eric

S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S

Have you ever had a chance to meet David from RE? Dude is cool as hell...also a buddy of mine.

I had 2 RE8's and I wish I hadn't sold them, but its okay because I think I'll be using 4 15" RE SE's in a wall in my S10.

Eric

Ive never met any Re people in person but talked to many of them on the phone

K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
I cant say much about them, they sell Tsunami Products

Previous Owner of 00 SVT Contour #1077/2150 95 Contour SE '01 3L
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
I no longer own any of their products, except for some edead installed in my car, but I have had nothing but good experiences with eD over many years and multible products. I have read through a lot of the pro and con threads on all the audio forums over the years, but have never had anything remotely negative happen with any of my edead products or service.

Ben, Jeremy and all of the people whom I've dealt with from eD have always been helpful and honest with me. The only other companies that I've personally dealt with that gave the same level of support were Ascendent Audio and McIntosh.

Just IMHO...

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
B
bigworm Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
the deal was that they forgot to ship the package on that friday morning... and midday ... and afternoon... so yeah the package was not shiped untill tuesday... and yeah they also charged me for a 3 day delivery when ups delivers in 3 days for a normal fee... if u dont get it... they charged me double for a regular shipment... so after calling them and emailing them a rep said he would refund my shipping money back.... so 5 days later no money was returned and thank god i contacted my credit card company ...i have a email stating my product was sched to be delivered on the 15th being the 20th already i told my cc that i did not receive that package.... all my money back...

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard