Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Well....I have to say, that I miss the SVT badly...especially after having to take the ^%#^$ motor mounts off to change plugs/wires on the Lumina (two of the wires were arcing and the plugs were original-.015 OVER the proper gap) and put in a new ignition module (thank you Ebay!)

How about this for a cheap project car for when I return from Air Force training in August? I've always wanted an unmodified 5 speed model-it's the speed density version, however:

"Old School" Notchback

Not a bad price.....I just wonder what the insurance would be on it? I'll just take the goofy pinstriping/scroll work off on the front end-it looks like a sticker anyway.

A1C Hodges, Christopher Active Duty USAF Sheppard AFB Texas;Westover ARB Chicopee, MA NECEG "Troll" formerly owned 2000 SVT Contour, with all kinds of goodies;)
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
you pimp

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Notchbacks rule!

my buddy had an '86 Mustang L.
thats right just an L.
no options 4 cyl stick.
we changed that quickly.
302ci 5 speed.
ran fast and quick.
we even started playing with suspension stuffs on it like custom rear control arms that could be adjust to preload the suspension during launches.
fun little car.

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
mustang, five liter, fast car.

what movie is that line from?

I feel sorry for the people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats the best they're going to feel all day - former President Lyndon B. Johnson
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Don't get that year. Exterior is ugly. Get a 87-93.

Our 93 GT

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
That statement was from the Blues Brothers, right? "Cop tires, Cop engine, got a Police Interceptor, Cop suspension..."

I would LOVE to get a 89-93 LX (they have the MAF system instead of Speed Density-and I owned a 93 Notch), but, most of the one's I've found are beat to hell, modified to death, or have that stupid "bling bling" chromed out street look. I was just shocked to see a genuine, low mileage, unmodified 5.0L ANYTHING I would REALLY be shocked to find an unmodified Grand National or SVO Mustang as well...I'm still going to talk to the owner of the 1989 supercoupe that I drove-it's still for sale too at 2500$.

I guess the V8 "bug" bit me lately...I've been spending alot of time at my father-in-law's "shop" working on the Lumina and have had a chance to stare at the 1967 RS Camaro parked there in storage- I miss the sound, the torque, the acceleration of an OHV V8...DOHC cars are nice, but they just don't have the same visceral appeal to me I guess.

BTW, check out my SVT wires for sale in Classifieds(Ebay) Can arrange local pick-up....

A1C Hodges, Christopher Active Duty USAF Sheppard AFB Texas;Westover ARB Chicopee, MA NECEG "Troll" formerly owned 2000 SVT Contour, with all kinds of goodies;)

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard