Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
I just got the car back from the stealership. The guy there said that I should sell my car since contours can "nickel and dime" people cause they are cheap cars. He said the things I had done went "prematurely". I take very good care of my car. I was wondering what everyone felt about that comment.

Alicia 96 Contour LX 2.5L V6 Duratec Stock of course! BAD ASS GIRLS DRIVE BAD ASS CARS!!! http://www.cardomain.com/id/sweet_ride01
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
was this a Ford dealership?

Mike 98.5 Black CSVT #5291 of 6535 (Oo.<xx>.oO) o xxxxxxxxx o
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by The Mad Ugly SVT:

No...I don't think so...sounds like something, someone would say at a GM dealership

1997 Ford Contour SE Car's D.O.B. 2-15-1997 from Ford-KC Plant Black Lighting http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2389976
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by RialKnight:

No...I don't think so...sounds like something, someone would say at a GM dealership

i had a guy tell me this at a honda dealership once....and one of the first things you learn as a car salesman is not to bash the car the customer came in...at least not to the persons face...

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S

I work at a ford dealer. I have purchased 3 Contour's for less than 600 bucks in the last year and that�s for all three they all ran, not very well but they ran. My used car department will not go near them, due to not being able to get rid of them. A guy came in a few weeks ago and only offered him $2000 for a 99 SVT with 89000 on it. I love my tour and I will drive it till it dies. But people trying to trade them in for new or used cars, well lets say you might as well just give it away for what you will get for it. It is a shame.
I have a guy that's bought two from me and I think now he has about ten. And he is looking for more.
As for being Cheep now I would say the Contour are getting to be. Going on 11 years old for the first.

98SE C-27 kit. CARBON COWL HOOD
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
just traded mine in and got only $4,500.00 for it on trade 2000 black/tan svt with 62000 almost new everything

it sucked

FORMER OWNER 2000 Black SVT #934 of 2150
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Stoobie:

Going on 11 years old for the first.

actually more like going on 13 years!

Jake 96 T-Red SE V6
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Most "entry model" cars are cheap, so he isn't to far off in saying that, although I agree, don't bash the car a potential customer arrived in, it just isn't very nice. Even though "entry models" are cheap, proper maintence can go a long way BTW, what dealership were you at and are you getting something new

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
T
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
T
I took my 02 blazer xtreme with 48K to a GM dealership last week and tried trading it in for a minivan. They offered me $4500. I heard the sales manager tell my salesman. Since it was a xtreme that I must have beaten the crap out of it because only "young punks" drive those.

I told the guy he was on drugs and walked out.

The value of used cars at dealerships are one way. They want top doller for there stuff but want to offer pennys for cars that are 4 years old and in good shape. I will never buy another car from a dealership.

I will just keep fixing my contour I bet I can make it last
20 years with enough parts.

95 GL SVT hybrid 02 Blazer xtreme 01 Aprilia SL1000 Falco
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by TPE331mechanic:
The value of used cars at dealerships are one way. They want top doller for there stuff but want to offer pennys for cars that are 4 years old and in good shape. I will never buy another car from a dealership.

realistically what did you think your vehicle was worth? with all the great deals, big rebates, and other incentives on all the new cars/trucks, it hurts the used car market... in effect hurting trade in values. now its no secret to anyone that you could possibly get more for your vehicle selling it outright versus trading it in but you dont have to deal with any hassles of selling it private party (i.e. people coming to your home, people calling you at your home, people not showing up)

FORMER OWNER 2000 Black SVT #934 of 2150
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  WorldTour_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard