Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
H
On my car one of the radiator hoses is not sealed right. Not the big one that goes to the radiator pr the water pump but a smaller line that goes to the tranny area. The hose is connected to a 1/2 pipe basically and its sticking out of the engine. THe seal from the pipe to the hose is fine since it has a clamp on it. But where the pipe connects to the engine is completely gone. It looks like the previous owner use some kind of sealent but I don't know which to you. Im thinking RTV sealent but Im not sure. The reason why I need it fixed is because it comes lose randomly and completely drains my radiator and all the anti freeze. Thanks. And the car is a 2k cougar with a escape 3.0L swap.

Slow ass svt
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Im thinking that Im going to put some rtv sealent on it since it seems like a easy fix. But I don't know if it will screw anything with the radiator up. Right now Im getting the low antifreeze light and the cel light on my dash. Im pretty sure the cel is from my leaking cat. But I filled the overflow completely up and the low light is still on. Does it read pressure also? Or is something else wrong. Thanks

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by Hodge Podge:
On my car one of the radiator hoses is not sealed right. Not the big one that goes to the radiator pr the water pump but a smaller line that goes to the tranny area. The hose is connected to a 1/2 pipe basically and its sticking out of the engine. THe seal from the pipe to the hose is fine since it has a clamp on it. But where the pipe connects to the engine is completely gone. It looks like the previous owner use some kind of sealent but I don't know which to you. Im thinking RTV sealent but Im not sure. The reason why I need it fixed is because it comes lose randomly and completely drains my radiator and all the anti freeze. Thanks. And the car is a 2k cougar with a escape 3.0L swap.

Have a pic of it? Still not following what you're refering to.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I decided to just take some time and take everything apart to get at it. It was the hose that went to the heater core. It was leaking like a biach. So I just pulled it out put some new metal piping in and some actual rtv sealent. not the bs stuff my friend used. I just did it today and now the cars fine. I just need to clean off all the antifreeze from the tranny and block from when it was still leaking.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard