Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Coolant temperature sender gauge and Engine Coolant Temperature sensor location.

Here is a post from Chongo. It highlights the ECT sensor.

The coolant temp gauge sender is the bronze (??) looking thing below the "Co" from the word coolant. Is that what you are talking about as the sender unit. If it is then if you do it real fast, unscrew and then plug (and screw) in the new one right away, you probably can get away with not having to drain the cooling system (according to Haynes). Haynes suggest to release the pressure by removing the coolant tank cap and then reinstalling the cap back (when the engine and coolant is completely cool). Hope this helps.

Originally posted by chongo:
Did someone call me out.......LOL

here you go.

Last edited by Tony2005; 02/07/06 02:34 AM.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
Hey thanks for the picture man,i'll check that out.But im trying to get it running first.

I notcied by the firewall there is a vacum line loose from somewhere,it runs by the firewall behind then behind power steering tank somewhere...anyone know where this connects to on the engine ??

Are there any online shop manuals ?? I know honda has online shop manuals so maybe ford does also?

The car isn't getting spark to the plugs so im trying to find out what the resistance of the wires should be,anyone know ?

~95 Mercury Mystique V6 24V 2.5~
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
brake booster? maybe?

C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
Anyone else got some ideas on the vacuum line?

Or anyone know the resistance of the spark plug wires?

C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
Someone's gotta hook me up with this info,havn't had the chance to bo buy the book yet.

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Try www.alldatadiy.com, you can look at most information there. There is also (removed due to copywrite infringement. Please do not report this website publicly anymore.)

Try ebay too, books and cds there. I have used both (see above) and alldata, I think alldata is a bit easier to work with, more like the paper manuals.

Last edited by "On Cloud 1001" Ray; 02/14/06 05:10 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard