Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1490184 01/27/06 07:58 AM
O
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
O
I see a lot of the D-tec guys talking about how us Zetec guys don't mod our cars much...well here's a sneak peak at my build.

This is the intake cam. It's a Crower Stahe II turbo grind. Both it and the matching ex cam have been diamond micro polished by Performance Research in Denver, NC. These guys MAKE the Chevy cams for NASCAR.

These are a couple of my solid lifters from the FRPP cyl. head. They have also been polished by Peformance Research, and then coated in casidiam by Anatech LTD(I think the new marketing literature calls it "Carbon Raptor" and they market it under their Extremion Racing division nameplate).

On the left is an Ex valve Thermal Barrier Coat from Swain Technologies on the plume and a low friction coating on the stem. On the right is the Intake valve. Flow Coat on the Plume and low fricton on the stem.

Thermal Barrier Coating on the faces.

This engine has taken FOREVER to build because I'm constantly finding new stuff to do to it before it ever even gets assembled...sometimes I'm just like screw it, I'm putting it all together tommorrow, I don't care if everything is PERFECT, but then I think about how I'll always obsess over not getting A or B done before I assemble it.

Ohsigmachi '96 GL MTX Zetec --I don't won't to hurt you, but it's still on my list of things to do.-- View projectSlippery Slope
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
too bad none of us will ever see this car

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Unless u r planning a dream vacation in Hawaii

...and BTW, good job and a lotsa props to the owner

O
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
O
I'm moving back to the real world in '07, hopefully it will ALL be done, engine, suspension, body, interior, and paint by then.

Ohsigmachi '96 GL MTX Zetec --I don't won't to hurt you, but it's still on my list of things to do.-- View projectSlippery Slope
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Needs more cylinders.

J/K, looks like you've got a killer project going on. I love how much stuff can be done with a Zetec. If I had a Caterham or some other "toy car", I'd want a Zetec to power it.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Good to see another Zetecer taking my place!

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
O
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
O
no offense hector, but this will go waaaaaay beyond past build ups of zetec contours...

K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
ooooooooooooooooooooooooo BURNED! thems fighting words!

Brett The man thinks its best for everyones safty if i dont drive for 6 months '95 Moonlight Blue Contour (ITS ALIVE AGAIN!) MODS: Knauberized,Reverse Indiglo Gauges,LED's,AEM Intake,Rust holes for more power!
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
are you going FI on this car?? Turbo? SC? Details please...

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
O
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
O
GT3071R turbo on a custom equal length mani. PWR barrel air to water intercooler...lots of other goodies that no one needs to know about right now...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard