Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
ado Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
thanks alot guys, I think I'm gonna go with the BAT kit then...

I live in Syracuse NY, the roads arent too good here either

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Looks like I will be going with the BAT kit and probably spend the $$ saved on the KONI on an upgraded sway bar.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by BlueMystique:
Looks like I will be going with the BAT kit and probably spend the $$ saved on the KONI on an upgraded sway bar.

If you get the bar, be CERTAIN you have the mounting tabs on the subframe reinforced. The famous 'boxing in' of the mounts.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Thank you.

N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by 5V7 Dr1v3r627:
I have Koni adjustables and B+G Sport springs, love it.

Now that is a nice looking T-Green SVT. Best I've seen.

1998 SVT E0 T-Red/Midnight Blue --> SOLD 2000 SVT Black/Tan 84,000 on the clock
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Tour, how much should it cost to have them boxed I have seen places on this site that say it should cost around $100, but I have also read that the rear subframe needs to come down it seems that that would cost a bit more than $100? Also, if I go with the 19mm BAT Euro rear sway bar do I still need to have them boxed in?

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Tour, how much should it cost to have them boxed I have seen places on this site that say it should cost around $100, but I have also read that the rear subframe needs to come down it seems that that would cost a bit more than $100? Also, if I go with the 19mm BAT Euro rear sway bar do I still need to have them boxed in?

It can be done on-car. You should be able to find a place that will do it, but it might take a few phone calls & a little driving around.

If you're handy, you can pull the subframe yourself and take it in to the shop of your choice.

If you have to pay for labor to have the subframe removed, then yeah, it's gonna cost more.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

It can be done on-car. You should be able to find a place that will do it, but it might take a few phone calls & a little driving around.

If you're handy, you can pull the subframe yourself and take it in to the shop of your choice.

If you have to pay for labor to have the subframe removed, then yeah, it's gonna cost more.

Most people say to do it properly you need the subframe off the car. It's very tight up in there and you are pretty close to the gas tank, etc.

If at all possible, drop the subframe yourself and take it to a shop. I haven't done it but people say it's not as hard as it looks. That's where the $100 quotes are coming from, IIRC.

All secondhand info, here, but hope it helps.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard