Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
ado Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
Should I go with the Koni kit from SPMotorsports ($819.95) or the BAT Euro kit ($595.00 kit), Or just buy seperate parts?

Right now I have $650 to spend on my lovely SVT, but by next week I'll have $900... any opinions?

I want to finish my suspension and driveline this year... that means springs, struts and all the necessary components, sway bar, strut braces and all that. As for the tranny, I will need LSD for the 3L and Turbo that I have in mind for next year. Also Flywheel/Clutch and maybe a new transmission as this one is near its end (99k miles on the car btw).

I chose to do suspension first because the car feels very unstable in cornering, especially at higher speeds, if I'm going over 70MPH and entering a curve, etc.. (I ran over a tire on the highway during the night, doing about 74MPH... which somewhat damaged the car, the tire was from a truck. Funny part is... 2 other guys hit it as well before me, and one of them was a Contour LX, we were both standing in the shoulder lane with our heads under the car lol)

I'm not really good with upgrading a car, everything I learned about the Contour is from here... I don't post much as I use the search feature for almost everything (I used it for this too but I still want opinions)

Sorry for making this long,
thanks in advance

A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
what suspension kit you choose REALLY depends on what you want to use you're car for. A lot of people like the BAT kit because its a great upgrade for a daily driver. People who have gotten it like it because it makes cornering a dream while not sacrificing the ride confort of the Contour SVT. The very common alternative is going the route of Koni. Right now they have a sport kit which comes with everything you need but is a little more expensive, but you also get their amaizing lifetime warrenty. This kit has adjustible ride feeling, so you can either have it really firm or a little smother, It also costs a pretty penny more. For a tight budget I would say go with the BAT kit. If you have you're heart set on cornering, Koni all of the way.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
A
ado Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
thanks alot, that got me thinking...

anyone else?

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
i think a lot of people who got the BAT kit wish they saved up and bought the KONI's just because you get THAT much more.

Im in the same dilemma, after just spending 1260 bucks on full exhaust im a little short for cash..

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
When you say more with Koni you are refering to? I have narrowed my choice down to 3 BAT Kit, Koni Kit or BAT Spring with Koni Struts. I have done some searches and found descriptions on the the 2 kits but no one has described the ride with BAT/Koni. I am considering the B/K because I will be driving 25% in NYC with it's bad streets, so I don't want a radical drop and want a smooth ride; I figure I could soften up the Koni's. 50% of the time the care will be driven on fairly smooth interstates (I would turn up the Koni's and the remaining 25% the car will be driven in NC with smooth roads. I would like to find someone who can advise just how soft the Koni/BAT set up is at it's softest seetings.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
i was reffering to the KONI sport kit.

much like your weiner.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I have Koni adjustables and B+G Sport springs, love it.

~Alex Ex- SVT Driver627 MUST SELL!!!LOCAL: Pre-98 MOLDED trunk Polk db speakers Corolla parts LED Underbody Kit PM 2000 Green CSVT gone on 2/17/06 2001 Toyota Corolla (SHE RUNS!!!) 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I think i will go with the bat setup because my car is a daily summer time driver, and money is a little tight since the wife is in college still, for another 2years.

Last edited by 95tour; 01/23/06 01:48 AM.
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by 95tour:
I think i will go with the bat setup because my car is a daily summer time driver, and money is a little tight since the wife is in college still, for another 2years.

good choice, you wont be dissapointed.

much like your weiner.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Having had both, I would suggest Koni adjustables only if you plan to do compettion driving. For typical spirited street driving, and normal cruising, the BAT kit is a terrific UPGRADE to the SVT or any Contique. Great service at BAT too.

The Koni adjustables are outstanding, I just don't think the extra $$ is well spent on a daily driver, and the softest setting is almost too firm for a daily driven car... BAT kit is a better option for a street machine IMHO.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard