Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
P
Hi Guys.....roughly a year ago I smashed my '98 SVT. Unfortunately I did not have full coverage on it. I have been spending money on some of my other toys and never got around to fixing it. Well right now I'm trying to decide if I want to bother fixing it, or just sell it to someone who does.

The damage wouldn't be so bad except for two main problems. The airbags deployed, and the post that runs up the drivers side of the windsheild is bent.

I had an estimate done on it and it came to $1900 for parts and labor to get it back to what it was before. $300 of that was to have the windsheild post put back where it belongs.

Anyway, I'm going to attach a couple pics.

The car was running perfect when it happened....I think the odometer reads 98k. Inside is mint, and the outside "was" very good also.

Just trying to see if it would be worth something to somebody, and if so, how much. I love the car but just don't know if I want to go through the process of fixing it. If I could do some of the work myself it would be different, but I don't really have the skill or time to do it.

1998 Black SVT 1992 SHO www.CVBOYZ.com
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
thats too bad.
but $1900 sounds like a decent amount to fix that kind of damage.
especially if that covers paint and fixing the rear suspension.
i say if you like the car go for it.
otherwise you could sell it, but you wnt make much on it.
maybe a few thousand.
your other choice would be to part it out.

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
$1,900 seems a little cheap considering the work it will take to clean up the A piller, swap out the windshield, airbags, suspension, wheel door, fender....I'd plan on closer to $3,500 to repair that car, if thats what you're planning on doing.

Current Car: 2005 Lava Orange Mazdaspeed Miata 2004 Graphite Dodge Stratus Old cars: 2003 Garnet Mica Miata/1998 T-Red SVT Contour
P
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
P
I know that the quote was using salvaged parts, not new.

It included paint and labor, but I forgot to mention that it did NOT include anything to do with the airbags. They would not be functional after I guess.

The frame pulling was $300, labor was like $700, and the rest were the other parts. If I remember right, there were just a couple of parts to fix the rear suspension (maybe only 1 even).

I didn't notice damage to the wheel?

I do like the car and I would like to get it fixed, but it's just not in my budget right now, and it's kind of an "extra" car so I don't know if or when I'll ever decide to bite the bullet and fix it. I did the same thing with an old Iroc I had. It needed the tranny rebuilt and it sat for like 5 years without being touched.

Thanks for the input....we'll see how things turn out.

-Josh

1998 Black SVT 1992 SHO www.CVBOYZ.com

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard