Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Pigeon Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
As reported in USA Today Ford will announce Monday that it's going to drop minivans from the Ford and Mercury lineups, to be replaced with more crossovers. Good or bad? Great I think, as the owner of a Honda Odyssey I wouldn't touch a Freestar/Windstar with a 10-foot-pole or a 10-grand-rebate even! They're just awful vehicles IMHO, and if you can't make a competitive product get out. They're finally, finally realizing that you don't have to be in every single product segment - why lose money selling lousy vehicles that drag the entire nameplate down?

Scott

Troll! '99 BMW 328i
O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
Maybe if the Freestar wasn't such a pile of [censored] ....

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
we used to own a windstar, gave us a million problems. whenever we took it to the dealership to get it fixed, they "couldn't find anything wrong with it."

my mom decided to never buy a ford again after that nightmare

1995 SE 2.5L V6/MTX 187k
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
unless they design a vehicle with sliding side doors, like all vans, there will be people who are forced to buy competitors products. families in general pick vans because of those side sliding doors versus suvs or crossovers. eh, we'll c what happens

FORMER OWNER 2000 Black SVT #934 of 2150
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
you are confusing me...freestars have sliding doors

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
And the Freestar is the minivan they are dropping.

Convenience of sliding doors and almost twice the cargo capacity make minivans a superior choice over crossovers for many families. Ford will lose customers, but if they don't make money of the minivans, that's a good choice.

Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Hey, how about this concept, bring back the station wagon!

F
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by 2X95SEs:

They kind of did, but with a Mazda name plate, the 6 wagon is still a sexy viechle in my opinion.

2002 Ford ZX2 5spd (2nd baby) Former owner of 1998 Mystique (never filled the shoes on my first love)parents traded for new sable Former owner of 1996 Mystique(My true baby )
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by 2X95SEs:

With rising fuel prices and more emphasis on MPG, I've been predicting this trend for a LOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGG time. Crossovers are the interim step to keep on the coat tails of SUV sales. More comfort, handling, better mileage, will bring back the wagons, big & small.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by platinum_drew:
we used to own a windstar, gave us a million problems. whenever we took it to the dealership to get it fixed, they "couldn't find anything wrong with it."

my mom decided to never buy a ford again after that nightmare

we used to have an aerostar, Fords first minivan. the only problem with it was a busted brake line at 200K miles. other then the that, the sliding door was rusted through so bad when we sold it that you could see the road. that and rear wheel drive, my mom always was spinning the tires, even in the summer

99 V6SE Sport ATX
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard