Next Thread
Print Thread
R
r6dan Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
my car is stored for winter but before i put it away it started the moosing only when it got colder out. and only when i attempted to turn the wheel when it was warming up. i guess the fact that my trying to turn the wheel created a difference in the vaccum pressures and then the moosing started and only for 10 sec or so then it would go away. i am not to concerened because it has never did this any other time and i don;t drive it in the winter so this likely won't occur often. but its still annoying when it does. so if i do the throttle hang fix which also fixes the moosing will it affect the midrange performance like stated in the FAQ fix. thanks

A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
I had the performance concerns when I did my throttle hang fix, but it did not hurt performance at all, and it killed the moose. (Killing a moose with a Contour, now theres a challenge I'd probably pass on to some other brave soul.) You'll like the throttle hang fix, its so much smoother to drive afterwards. Make sure your reset the PCM after you do the fix, it'll figure out whats going on with the idle much faster that way.

Current Ride: 1998 Contour SVT - T-Red, Res. Delete, K&N under the hood, broken side skirt at passenger rear jackpoint. Its FOR SALE, see the classifieds.
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Just curious, what size hole did you drill?

I did the TH fix the other night, but in cold weather starts, the car stalls out now. I'm going to open up the hole larger tonight to try and fix that.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Just curious, what size hole did you drill?

I did the TH fix the other night, but in cold weather starts, the car stalls out now. I'm going to open up the hole larger tonight to try and fix that.

7/32 hole in mine. Just enough to idle at 1000rpm when its cold with the defrost on.

Current Ride: 1998 Contour SVT - T-Red, Res. Delete, K&N under the hood, broken side skirt at passenger rear jackpoint. Its FOR SALE, see the classifieds.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard