Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1478955 01/11/06 09:05 AM
D
OP Offline
D

i have a 1998 Duratech taurus and was doing research on the SVT parts swap. so far i learned about the Cams and heads on the 3.0L block, but was wondering what would be the best swaps for a hybrid for power? was thinking about teh UIM and LIM swap as well

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
You will run into the same problem we have, but in reverse, the fuel rail setup is different to ours. Although I'd have to recheck on the 98. Can you tell me; does the fuel rail come in from the drivers side or from the passenger side?

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Search tauruscarclub.com . Im the only person who has done it. All the info is hear....you just need to search.

98' Red E0 Contour SVT - Project SVT Tour' Pioneer Touch Screen Navigation / DVD, Infinity Speakers Borla Stainless Cat-Back, AEM True CAI, High Flow Y-Pipe 3L Hybrid w/ 3L Valves, Window Automation, Torsen LSD
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Stazi:
You will run into the same problem we have, but in reverse, the fuel rail setup is different to ours. Although I'd have to recheck on the 98. Can you tell me; does the fuel rail come in from the drivers side or from the passenger side?

The fuel rail is not an issue. All you do is swap over the taurus parts.
Brad

98' Red E0 Contour SVT - Project SVT Tour' Pioneer Touch Screen Navigation / DVD, Infinity Speakers Borla Stainless Cat-Back, AEM True CAI, High Flow Y-Pipe 3L Hybrid w/ 3L Valves, Window Automation, Torsen LSD
D
OP Offline
D
iv been checking out Taruscarclub.com and noticed that spridget is doing this mod as we speak. also i have found a UIM LIM and Fuel rail form a 2.5l SVT but the only concern i had was the fuel rail. do i need to swap over the 2.5L fuel rail, or can i leave the3.0l hte only problem is that i think the 3.0L fuel rail wont allow the UIM for clearance.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Show us a picture of YOUR fuel rail on your 98 and we'll tell you if it's a drop in.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
I'm almost sure there isn't a fuel rail that will fit . I'm betting you will have to cut the end off and route it around the TB and intake. Not much of a problem.

1999 3.0L Cougar: 220fwhp and 200tq 2003 VW Passat W8 with 4 Motion AWD http://www.cardomain.com/ride/300644 PM for intrest in 3L SVT Contours, 3L swaps into your current car, Prepped 3L engines, or anything 3L related.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Why would you want to use the 2.5 heads on a 3.0 if you are keeping the engine in a Taurus?

It would make more sense to put the SVT cams into your Taurus heads. You only need to cut off the extension that drives the water pump on the 2.5.

This will give you the larger 3.0 valves without the expense of changing them over. The compression is the same as the SVT. You can still port the heads for even better flow if you feel the need.

Just another idea.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
D
OP Offline
D
So is there any sort of benefit of changing the Manifolds, or are the CAMS the main thing i should focus on with headers?

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
a 2.5 l RETURN fuel rail will fit. I started this mod along time ago. You will have to change to a 2.5l IMRC lincage to clear the rail.

As for the head swap, you def want to swap in the svt cams. The heads will just add some performance-even with the 2.5L valves.

-Brad

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard