Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
<- john-david secorski

on the initial burn, i took my car to the dyno with a wideband. on WOT the a/f was 14.7:1. the dyno operator wouldnt even continue a full pull on the a/f. derek and i datalogged with all of the tunes and the fuel trims were all like +20% more fuel...

keith and shawn have been extremely helpful to say the least. but then again that should be expected for how much i paid for this chip that isnt correct. as of now they are still waiting on more datalogs from me since they said they were having a hard time gettin info off of the many that i had sent them before... i really wish i would have gone with the PRP now tho. im just tired of playing "chip tag" over the phone, email, and by mail with them.

the 3.0L oval port 3.0L '98 midnight blue se
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
If any of you guys have SFG2 codes, just pay me to build you a tune!

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by warmonger:
Chris, thats what happened to me. I actually tried to get an XCAL2 from them but I stipulated that they load my old code that you/keith burned for me into the the unit. Or at least the equivalent translated code since they moved to SCT. No Go. They'd lost it or didn't have the ability or desire to translate it into the xcal2.
So then I asked if they could just throw the standard base code in there for my basic 3L turbo specs, and Nope! They wanted whatever they charge for a tune ON TOP of the price of the XCAL2. So I think they wanted like close to $600 altogether.
I countered by saying that was a bit over the top for me considering I already paid for the initial dyno tune, and that I paid for at least two reburns. I mean, I already paid for the tune I was asking for, and as you know Chris, the last two were my own changes and corrections that I asked you to fix/input for me.
<snip...>

That's strange. I emailed Shawn a bunch of theoretical purchase questions. One of them was how much for an SCT dyno tune... another question was how much to upgrade later to an xcal2. He said the SCT tune would transfer, and I would just need to purchase the xcal2.

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
They changed software company from when I got my first tune to when they went with SCT.

So that screwed anybody who was an old customer that needed a chip reburn, forcing you to upgrade to the newer stuff. The fact that they didn't save the code may be a consequence of how the data is stored. I don't know, I copy all my code changes separately now so even if I don't have the SCT software, I can at least look at what I've done. That would take them too much time I guess. I kind of understand the issue with translating the old chip, but I mean there should have been a special deal in my case about the base tune for the xcal2.
So that was just my record of my experience.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
A
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
A
Hello all,
I have been keeping an eye on this thread as I took offense to the name of it "ADC lost my custom program". It was setting up for a bash among the few people that are having problems with there chip or car. No program was lost. The customer�s database was corrupted. At any rate he is receiving a more up to date program with are latest timing and maf tables.

We have made a lot of Contour and Cougar programs over the years. It is very rare to have any problems if the car is in perfect mechanical condition. We like to get as much data as possible from people experiencing any problems. I would hate to end up adjusting the computer to cover up something like a cracked manifold, bad 02 sensor, bad fuel pump, bad injector ect. When certain tables work in 100 identical cars and then not in 1 it prompts these types of questions. We try to work as best we can with the customer to figure out what�s going on. I have never refused to help anyone that has called or emailed. That�s what we are here for.

The only programs that are not very compliant with the new software are those built on the super old software. 2+ years ago This is not a problem for 99.99% of the people out there. We can still make any adjustments using the old software. When you purchase a chip from us you are not purchasing the base source code. You are purchasing the tune on a chip or Xcal 2. When you purchase Windows XP you are not buying the source code, you are buying the operating system.

We have invested a lot of time and money into the Contour and Cougar platforms. We have been the only ones that have built a top notch turbo kit for the 2.5L and 3.0L engines. This turbo kit and advanced tuning has resulted in record horsepower levels. For those running are current turbo kit, you will be the only ones since we have decided to stop producing the current turbo kits. Basically we lose money on every kit we have built.

We are working on a budget kit that is easier and less costly to produce. The budget turbo kit is targeted at allowing a wider audience the ability to turbocharge their Contours and Cougars.

We have also been thrilled to be the exclusive dealer for Buckshot Racing 3.0L engines. Are future shop car will be running the 3.0L Buckshot Racing engine along with are new budget turbo kit. Stay tuned for info on this kit!!

R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Cool, Thank you for your input ADC

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
our not are. Thanks for the update.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
A
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
A
Yeah I noticed the are and our error. I was in a hurry when typing that up. I feel like an idiot. lol

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Don't worry, I don't think those of us that dealt with you in the past were going to bash you, or let anyone bash you!

Just so you understand my take on it:
Relating experiences is not necessarily bashing unless a harmful conclusion is unfairly drawn from those experiences.
The positives of posting this thread are obvious for everyone to see. You at ADC can see how some situations are perceived and if necessary can correct the ones on your end. People reading it can see that you care enough to post and the reasons behind it. I'm sure your business wont suffer from this.

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Although many of us won't bash any of the ppl at ADC... it's tough not to be a little upset when they won't return phone calls.

- John McK. Grimsby, Ontario.

PS - yes this IS an attempt to generate a response.

96 LX 3.0L MTX - Black/Tan K&N; 12lb F/W & uprated clutch 2.5" Pipe; SVT bits; Mystery Mod; Pull-tie Mod; UN-tuned Mod; 3rd Gear Synro-Crunch Mod 280K on the Shell, and 40ish on the Motor... 1/4 mile?? Yeah, it's a fun daily driver...
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard