Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
I will be moving in the next few months and will need to move all my stuff and my car.

Anyone got any advise?
Anyone had an experience with car haulers?

Thanks,

E.

Just a Plain SE. AKA Big Country I maybe path914's B**** now, but wait until he needs his clutch done. We will see WHO is WHO's B**** then!
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
What! CLC isnt moving you guys? thats wack. they should be paying to move you two. Other than that i would guess the cheapest way, would be to have one of you drive one of the cars, rent a big uhaul with a trailor and tow the other car. I remember when i was moving up here, uhaul wanted
500$ to rent a small uhaul for 4 days, and that was a one way trip. Not including gas.
And i dont think they make hybrid uhauls.
Maybe you should sell the civic, and buy a another car when you guys get there

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
From experience I can tell you that even if your company is paying the move in full, don't have the moving company pack you. When I did that last the morons put all the fragile/breakable stuff in the bottoms of boxes and tried to hide the stuff they did break, which of course was only the irreplacable stuff. Other than that, if you're paying it yourself check with the reputable national companies and, if it's not too far check to see what a smaller local competitor can do for you. One last thought that I haven't explored is those moving Pods where you pack them and they pick up and deliver - seems like a decent way to move.

Good luck,

Scott

Troll! '99 BMW 328i
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by dubkatz:
What! CLC isnt moving you guys? thats wack. they should be paying to move you two.

They are paying for us to move, but we still have to plan everything.

Just a Plain SE. AKA Big Country I maybe path914's B**** now, but wait until he needs his clutch done. We will see WHO is WHO's B**** then!
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
I would never hire a moving company to move me. i've heard/read way too many horror stories of companies holding your stuff hostage.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Pigeon:
don't have the moving company pack you.

I agree 100%, you dont need a buch of boozers breaking all those toy cars you got. You know eric, you guys dont realy have much to move. You guys arent gonna keep that couch are you? it would prob. cost less to buy all new furniture, cause you guys dont have much. your comp. desk is the only thing i would say to keep. But the recliner in the living room, i know i have spilled many a drinks on it. and the couch, Boony has soiled it how many times?

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
I learned a good deal about moving last summer as I worked for Mayflower Transit, but I can't say anything helpful since really it all depends on the reputation of whatever mover you use. And after traveling up and down the east coast, I got the impression that our local operation was better than most.

E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3095/6535 Alpine CDA-9851
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
All I can say is DON'T MOVE WITH ATLAS!!!

Their damned service is HORRIBLE! We're missing some stuff, a HUGE dent appeared on my mom's car, and THEY DON'T WANT TO FRIGGIN PAY FOR IT!

After threatening to put them in court AND on public humiliation on the TV, they paid up, but they still owe us the stuff.

DON'T GO WITH ATLAS MOVING SERVICES!!! I'm telling you that by experience!

Is my car for sale? PM me if you're in South FL.
Originally posted by XKontour98:
Haha that's awesome! Go GM!

YES, SIR!!! General Aviation is Looking good right now...http://www.beapilot.com
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by myfastse:
What! CLC isnt moving you guys? thats wack. they should be paying to move you two.

Word.
Then get the most $$$ service out there, and im sure some places(obviously not atlas) has some sort of waranty or insurance against breaking things. I assume you guys are having both cars shipped and just flying out there?

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by myfastse:

Word.
Then get the most $$$ service out there, and im sure some places(obviously not atlas) has some sort of waranty or insurance against breaking things. I assume you guys are having both cars shipped and just flying out there?

Just my car is getting shipped. We can get more for her car here then there. Plus it will be only one car that we have to get the plate switched over on. I am planning on having my car put int he trailer, we will see.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard