Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
MazTour Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Been hard taking pics because my camera has been busted since March,and I seldomly got to borrow my step-dad's digi cam,so I finally got a new digi cam for Christmas.

My car is all ready for winter now...sort of.

Missing parts include:
-billet fuel door
-SE skirts
-SVT rims
-Hella optilux 2500 angel eyes

Otherwise,mods visible are:
-winter rims - SE rims with 215/60/15 Dayton Winterforce snow tires
-knauberized & two tone paint (rattle canned lower half!)
-molded trunk (plate frame and trunk reflectors) -not painted to match yet
-SVT-style dual exhaust
-tinted corner lenses
-chrome Ford emblems
-tinted windows
-Post98 'Contour' sail panels
-Silverstar highs-in-lows
-custom made Contour.org decal (rear window)

Here's how she looks right now,with all 294 000km under her belt. Note the lower mesh grille kinda hanging down. That's from hitting a snow drift last week on my way to work.

Last edited by TwoTwinTours; 12/28/05 06:42 PM.

'95 CGL ZMTX - DOB: 8/94 - Daily Driver - 271k & counting - Ractive muffler,MSD ignition coil,KEM 8mm wires,Pre98 SE 7 spoke rims,KVR CF brake pads,Post98 sail panels,Sony Xplod HU,Pioneer 3-way 6x9's '89 Mazda B2200 - Under Construction
M
MazTour Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
I've got a couple more pics I can post,but they need to be reduced in size so I can upload them. For now though,these two pics will do.

Note the lack of rust for a 10 year old Canadian car. The underside is just as clean.

'95 CGL ZMTX - DOB: 8/94 - Daily Driver - 271k & counting - Ractive muffler,MSD ignition coil,KEM 8mm wires,Pre98 SE 7 spoke rims,KVR CF brake pads,Post98 sail panels,Sony Xplod HU,Pioneer 3-way 6x9's '89 Mazda B2200 - Under Construction
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
So 2 tone mixed up paint is a mod?

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
interesting...

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by CSVT1214:

thats actually 3-tone.

and why is the body painted 2-tone?
and why doesnt teh paint line actually match up with the bumpers?

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
M
MazTour Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by ElKy:
Originally posted by CSVT1214:

thats actually 3-tone.

and why is the body painted 2-tone?
and why doesnt teh paint line actually match up with the bumpers?

This car was supposed to be my project car,and it's supposed to be in storage right now,awaiting dissasembly,while my Zetec should be doing winter beater duties,but it's in storage till the spring to be repaired and sold. When I knauberized it back in the summer,the driver's side came out great,but when I did the passenger side,it actually peeled off paint in a couple spots and I was also left with large clearcoat ridges. Obviously,it looked like crap,and I had been toying with the 2-tone scheme in my mind for a while before I did it. After successfully ruining the paint on the car,I wasn't going to take it to a bodyshop and spend a couple hundred bucks to fix it,because the car would be repainted next year after the motor rebuild. (All of this which is no longer happening,because I'm buying a 2003 GMC Sonoma SLS crew cab 4x4). So the paint was ruined,and I had some of the graphite grey paint laying around,so I prepped the car for paint,and a week later,over 20 hours of prep and labour paid off with a temporary (but well done) paint scheme.

The reason the paint on the doors does not line up with the bumpers is because I started the paint from where the top of the door ding gaurd would have been,and that doesn't line up with the tops of the bumpers. Plus it was supposed to be temporary,so it didn't really matter,it was only supposed to get me through the summer and winter. It only cost me like $45 to do the paintwork.

Tomorrow I'm putting the stock green trunklid from my Zetec on it to get rid of the black trunk,because being unpainted really,really annoys me.

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
2 tone or 3 tone paint can be cool. I think you just picked the wrong colors. Hey...you did say it was a project car.

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
M
MazTour Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
The green paint is stock,and I couldn't think of any other colour that would go well with that shade of green. The trunk is black because when I molded it,well,it needed to be painted,and I was going to leave the trunk like that until the car got painted.I wanted to paint the entire car Lexus graphite grey. It also looks crappy because the grey is flat and the green is metallic,and I also took off the 1/8" silver pinstripe that seperated the two colors where they met.

Granted,it's different,and that's how it is. Green wasn't my choice to begin with,but the car was the right price and it had the right engine and tranny. I can hopefully sell the car (cheap) next year,and just put the money towards a down payment for a truck. I opened a new savings account 3 weeks ago for a truck and I've already got $1000 in it.

C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
Considering its a rattle-can paint job, its looks pretty good.

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Yeah the Lexus graphite grey would look killer on a contour especially an SVT!!!

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard