Hey taffers!
"I'm going to the bear pits tomorrow. Wanna come with?" hehehehe... I love that conversation at the start of Thief: The Dark Project.
I played all three.
IMHO:
Thief (the original) rocked! I thoroughly enjoyed playing it several times.
Thief-2 was also very good, though I preferred fighting humans and zombies... didn't care for the mechanoids so much.
Thief-3 was a disappointment for me. The maps were way too small. I also hated having to cross the same maps so many times. The lack of rope arrows was due to technical difficulties with the new game engine (those were sorely missed). Also there was too much limitation in climbing walls and crossing rooftops.

Linux users: Thief-1 and Thief-2 both work using Cedega 4.x (4.4 is best for Thief-2) only if you delete the contents of the movies subfolder. Thief-3 did not run with Cedega when I tried it.

I had read that some people are making a mod for UT2004 (I believe) which could be considered 'the real Thief-3', for those who hated the official game.

'95 'stiqueLS 2.5L ATX S&B / CTA intake KEM Mag-Plus wires 1/4" TH fix Homemade heat shield Xenon bulbs Fog light rewire ATX cooler Flowmaster 942042 Blacked-out pseudo-chrome