Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1454818 12/07/05 11:46 PM
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Ok so most of you know i got my cf hood and trunk from cf one in cali, i recived a letter a couple of weeks ago from the shipping company saying they will take legal action if the fee of 250$ is not payed. comes to find out that CF1 has not payed the shipping on 70 of there orders. So this message is to tell people not to buy anything from them and if you have be ready for a letter to be recived. And if anyone get ahold of them please contact me, as my laywer will be trying to get ahold of them

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
woops

E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
I wouldn't worry about it, if it means more people know about why NOT to buy one, then it is a benefit to the community.

And if CF1 was paying attention to its customers, you'd think they'd be in here defending their product and taking care of unhappy customers. Neither of which I see them doing.

2000 SVT Contour - Silver # 1675/2150 For Sale195/55/15 Bridgestone Blizzaks on Steelies <10k miles - $300 PM me for more info
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
I got the same letter in the mail. I called the company and they said that if we dont pay them the shipping cost that they would turn us over to a collection agency.

#510 of 2760, KKM true rev induction, optimized y pipe, exhaust,custom tuned Diablo chip, and BAT lowering springs, DMD, optimized throttle body.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I have not seen a post where anybody contacted CF1 to get their response. It could be that the shipping company is scamming CF1s customers... I'd like to definately rule that out by getting a response from CF1.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
I have called and left numerous messages for them. Besides that i have emailed them numerous times with no response

#510 of 2760, KKM true rev induction, optimized y pipe, exhaust,custom tuned Diablo chip, and BAT lowering springs, DMD, optimized throttle body.
B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
As far as I'm aware, all of the shipping documents should say freight is prepaid. Unless they're billing shows freight collect, then the shipper is responsible for the payment, not the receiver. I ran into this a couple years ago and got hosed on $200 for an engine because the guy sent it freight collect when I thought it was prepaid.

I'd tell the shipping company that you are under no legal obligation to pay them as you paid the freight fee direct to CF1 and they need to sue CF1 for their fees. If they threaten a collection agency, you might counter with the expectation of receiving contact from a lawyer to discuss the situation (whether you ever talk to a lawyer or not). This should get them to bark up the right tree for their fee (CF1).

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
See, that's what I thought...until they sent me a copy of the document signed by carbon fiber one for shipping, which named me, as the customer receiving the hood, as a cosignee. In the document it stated that if the shipper didn't didn't pay the fee then the cosignee would be responsible for the shipping cost incurred. The way they got our signature is when they delivered the package we had to sign for it. A whole lotta drauma for a hood that had tons of bubbles and wrinkled carbon fiber under the clear coat.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard