Next Thread
Print Thread
X
XT_ Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
X
Hi guys, my wife's pc died last night... opened it up today, and the diagnosis was bad capacitors.. doh! Anyhow, I have 2 Pentium III chips, one 1.ghz coppermine and another 1.13 ghz tulatin chip, and need another board. Anybody know where i can get one cheap or have one of these things sitting in their junk pile???

Any ideas welcome :P

Chris

'97 Teal Metallic Zetec Lightly Modded
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
lol was that in english?

95 Merc Stique Zetec 2.0 Auto
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Newegg still sells a socket 370 board for the Tualatin chip. Clicky!

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
eBay. 'Nuff said.

'99 Contour Sport V6 MTX
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Sigh......bury it! Move on. EBay -Prescot 3.0 on 800 bus, box, crappy power supply all for $349 Canadian.
How can I say that about your wifes fine machine....I just junked my 1.13 ghz Tulatin for said EBay machine! Did I notice a difference? Well......to burn a one hour DVD on the Tulatin takes only 8 HOURS and 35 minutes!!!!! With the Prescot 2 hours and 13 minutes. You bet I noticed a difference.
But if you must...go to EBay for a new/used board. 133 memory is dirt cheap, as is all the other parts. Happy GHzing!

2012 Lotus Evora --------- 95 Mystique MTX - GONE 395,000 Kms --------- Both Zetecs '97 Contour Mtx - stock - GONE
X
XT_ Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
X
Thanks for the advice guys, especially the link to newegg! unfortunately, that mb is out of my price range for such an old system. Work has been bad this year, downsizing and such, i'm lucky i got to keep my job, except i'm not working a full 40 anymore. Gonna have to wait till next year to buy the wife a new pc

'97 Teal Metallic Zetec Lightly Modded
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Don't give up. I've seen inexpensive MBs all over, keep looking.
Heres one for $12
http://www.gearxs.com/gearxs/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=socket+370+motherboard&x=0&y=0

2012 Lotus Evora --------- 95 Mystique MTX - GONE 395,000 Kms --------- Both Zetecs '97 Contour Mtx - stock - GONE
K
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by WestCoastAjax:
Don't give up. I've seen inexpensive MBs all over, keep looking.
Heres one for $12
http://www.gearxs.com/gearxs/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=socket+370+motherboard&x=0&y=0

That's one weird motherboard--no PCI or even ISA slots, and that strange edge connector...I've never heard of NLX architecture before; I guess it didn't catch on?

'00 SE...that's all
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by XT8088:
Hi guys, my wife's pc died last night... opened it up today, and the diagnosis was bad capacitors.. doh! Anyhow, I have 2 Pentium III chips, one 1.ghz coppermine and another 1.13 ghz tulatin chip, and need another board. Anybody know where i can get one cheap or have one of these things sitting in their junk pile???

Any ideas welcome :P

Chris

ugh, i just threw out a dual Coppermine board last week!!!

'04 Mazda6S MTX Injen CAI, 18% Tint, Magnaflow Catback, CPE-MAFc My Mazda6 PICS Toadster's Website
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by XT8088:
Thanks for the advice guys, especially the link to newegg! unfortunately, that mb is out of my price range for such an old system. Work has been bad this year, downsizing and such, i'm lucky i got to keep my job, except i'm not working a full 40 anymore. Gonna have to wait till next year to buy the wife a new pc

If $55 is out of your Price range, just post a WTB in a local newsgroup. I picked up a Dell 4100 (1 ghz p3) system for $15 that had everything except the HD. I too was replacing a MB that had a P3 coppermine chip in it. There were problems with capacitors on some BX based motherboards in the late 90s.

98 GL sport (V6 MTX) The Durable Duratec? - (DMD, Metal impeller WaterPump, Synth & Stinky in the tranny)

Link Copied to Clipboard